Problem Track purchased but not in my account

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by djwave, Sep 3, 2018.

1. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Text:
    I bought Silverston track through Steam, but i cant get that on my raceroom game, i lost 5€.....???

Need help, thanks

2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    How did you buy the Silverstone track through Steam? It's not available on Steam, only through the in-game store, at least for me. Or do you mean you bought it in the store, just paid for it using Steam Wallet?

3. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes using steam wallet sorry. I dont speak to much english.

4. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Still no response from raceroom team.....bhaaa.
    So, quick to get our money but not for resolve thats problems...:(

5. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  7. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  8. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Still nothing from raceroom team, my 5€ are gone...mmm. I cant believe it.....

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    So your Steam Wallet is empty right now?

10. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes

Attached Files:

11. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    You didn't answer his question, though. The mail you're showing only confirms you've added 5 Euro to your Steam Wallet. Did the transaction actually complete? After you add the funds to your Steam Wallet, you then have to finish the transaction using the added funds to actually buy the track.

• Like Like x 1
  12. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No? And what mean -5€ in the top? Its the pay for the circuit, with transaction and bill number.

13. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    It clearly shows that you've paid 5 euro for "Steam Wallet funds" using a VISA card. The actual payment for the track wouldn't be listed in your PayPal transactions, because it wouldn't be completed using PayPal at all. That -5€ at the top means you have paid 5 euro for the transaction listed below. That's how PayPal lists the transactions - it's negative when you're sending money to someone (Steam, in this case) and positive when you receive money. It doesn't mean you've bought the track, it just means you've sent 5 euro to your Steam Wallet.

If you pay for Raceroom content using Steam Wallet and you don't have any money in your Steam Wallet at the moment, there are actually two separate transactions happening as part of the process of buying the content - first transaction would be adding funds to your Steam Wallet using PayPal. That's the transaction you see in your PayPal and that is also on the screenshot above. Once this transaction clears and the funds are added to your Steam Wallet (usually takes just seconds), you then proceed to pay for your Raceroom content directly on Steam using the funds in your Steam Wallet. This second transaction has nothing to do with PayPal at all, so you won't see it in your PayPal transaction list, it is completed entirely on Steam, and after it's been completed, you should get a confirmation email directly from Steam that confirms you've just bought content for Raceroom Racing Experience. (Though you should've also had received another confirmation email from Steam that you've added funds to your Steam Wallet.)

So really, we're back to the question you still haven't answered. Is that 5 euro in your Steam Wallet right now? Because I'm now almost certain it's exactly as I suggested - the process of buying the track was somehow interrupted (possibly by you, mistakenly thinking you've bought the track when there were additional steps to go through to complete the transaction), so you've just added 5 euro to your Steam Wallet and didn't actually buy the track.

So the money is very likely just sitting in your Steam Wallet, waiting to be used. And if it is, all you have to do is go buy the track again, only this time simply use the money that's already in your Steam Wallet to pay for it, and, more importantly, see the transaction through.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  14. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No no, my wallet is empty right now, i have a lot of tracks purchased before without problem. This time, In the last process for buying the track, raceroom page wont load and black window triing to load loop forever, seems a problem with raceroom web services are down or someting and the last step in the process lost.

15. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Another one..

Attached Files:

16. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's the mail. You should've posted/mentioned this in the first place, it would've saved us some time.

So I guess it really is up to Raceroom. Sorry. Hope they get back to you ASAP.

17. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @djwave If you purchases vRP, did you check you junk mail for an activation code? I'm not sure if purchasing vRP through steam has the same process as buying through the raceroom website, but the vRP activation code usually ends up in junk mail for me.

18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    How many vRP do you have right now? How does your transaction history look like in the game portal?

19. djwave

djwave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have 0 vrp in my account. Nomally, through steam, steam itself "buy" the vrp required just for the addon you bought on raceroom page, and exchange that automatically, but, if raceroom page fails to load in that step, you are screwed...your money jump into limbo...
    Im not purchased vrp, i directly purchased the circuit in raceroom page, and i payed throuht steam wallet.

20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Is there any entry in the transaction history? If not, it really seems like something went wrong during the process.