Track Surfaces not Feedback...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by machwebb, Apr 10, 2015.

1. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Oh No....not another thread about feedback....This is not intended as a moan either, I am in awe of what the guys are doing and fully appreciate the Beta Status....

There has been a whole heap of discussion about feedback in every sim. Casting all the discussion aside about the car, over and understeer and the centering forces. I just wanted turn the attention to Road Feel and the Track Surface.

I think the best track for Road Feel is Zolder, though my eyes hurt after 5 mins cause of the bumps (I would like to limit Horizon movement) I've just managed a race there in the GTR2 BMW, but then I went to Suzuka....it was like driving though cream in comparison, it was also difficult to pick up the car info. I appreciate that Suzuka is a much smoother track but apart from the odd undulation in the surface there was pretty much nothing else. So what am I saying ??

I think the Feedback is there, or at least the potential for it to be, cause it certainly comes through at Zolder but at most others, by comparison it doesn't. So I'm Just saying, I don't think it's a problem with the feedback, I'm just not sure all the information is in the surface yet, maybe??

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    Consider the fact that some tracks are more bumpy in real life than others.

3. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I understand that of course and wouldn't expect that not to be considered. I was just thinking why are some of the circuits so smooth.

4. Sparkyplug

Sparkyplug New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Zolder in a 92 DTM is possibly the most enjoyable race sim experiance I've had