TrackIR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DoctorFrazierCrane, Jun 7, 2016.

1. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone use it? Anyone recommend it?

I have a single screen but I cannot afford a triple...and I'm thinking of something else for the spare change when I upgrade from G27 to T500

Thanks

2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I've been considering getting an EDTracker but primarily for Euro Truck Simulator 2, rather than sim racing, as looking around is pretty essential in that game! Might consider it for sim racing with very conservative settings, though

3. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    That's very interesting....much cheaper than TrackIR although it does lack some of the functionality. I found a Youtube about it here :

4. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I like the fact that it's just a small box, nothing you have to attach to your screen etc. I'm holding out for the wireless version, though.

5. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Using an EDTracker myself, works well for racing and cost is next to nothing compared to a TrackIR.

That said yeah I recommend getting some sort of headtracking, especially if you're on a single screen. It allows you to run a correct fov while still being able to glance at your instruments or the mirrors, hunt an apex and just in general look where you want to go.

Fair warning that just like any tech it takes some time to get used to but once you do you can't go back.

6. Tobi / Owner98

Tobi / Owner98 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I'm using TrackIR 5 for a little time now (2-3 months) and it's totaly worth it... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    EDTracker User here too..

it's a very great addition to the immersion and simple to use!

8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Trackir user here....Even with triple screens it's great to have, especially if going for realistic FOV. Looking around the cockpits is nice too.

I used facetrackNOIR before hand, which is not nearly as consistent, but still can work if you spend some serious time setting up profiles and getting light right. TrackIR works always unless you have sunny windows in its vision.