Traction control telemetry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Piston Broke, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Is there any output for traction control in raceroom? Only, I use Sim dashboard hub, and can't find anywhere to monitor TC levels, so does Raceroom put out this info or is my Sim Dashboard lacking ?

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yes all that data is available. TC level and TC active work just fine on my simhub dashboard. It may be that the author of your software needs to update it to take advantage of all the data.

3. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ok thanks :)

4. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    give your dash and ill add it properly

5. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I messaged the author of sim dashboard, no reply yet, but i'm using the onscreen otterhud to monitor it for now, but thanks :cool:

6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Have a go with simhub. You can still use your phone or tablet as a display. Its donationware so basically 5euro or something and has hundreds of dashboards available.

7. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I have tried to run Simhub on my Huawei tablet, but I can't get it to accept the address with the last part of the web address with the colon - 192.168.1.XX:8888, and I really don't understand why? Anyone have an idea for a solution to this?

And I have of course paid a fair share for this amazing program!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  8. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    just buy a vocore, its $30 and was redesigned for this exact purpose

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Not sure. Try asking on the simhub discord. Lots of helpful people there.

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Vocore screens are great. Love mine. But you still need to buy or print an enclosure etc for it. If you just want to try simhub a phone is still the easiest and cheapest way into it.

11. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tip! Vocore seems very neat and cheap. I might try that later on. My hands are already full with "other" electronic projects though and lying around everywhere atm, so that will have to wait. In the meantime I would like to have another go on my existing tablet.

Cheers!

12. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ravey! I'll have a sniff on the Simhub page and see if I'm the only one with this problem and if there might be a workaround for it. Thanks again!

Cheers!
    Lemmy

13. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ok, just fyi: I downloaded the latest app update for phone/tablet, ran the prog and tried connecting with just the external IP, that is 192.168.1.66 (in my case), but then without the colon and the local machine id of :8888, and now it runs like a clock!
    I have no idea if it was the update, or if it was just a matter of skipping the last part of the ip. I don't need to worry anymore at least no matter what is the correct analysis in question :D

• Winner Winner x 1