Question Triple screens on AMD Radeon

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Surge, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Surge

Surge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    Can't find much info on this. Some of what I found points to Nvidia only.. so I'm wondering how I can get it working on an AMD card. I enable the triples in game and tried the -triscr switch but I feel like that may be old? The game splits in 3 on the center monitor. The others aren't used.

Ryzen 5800X, 5700XT, 32GB RAM, etc. Left and right screens are the same (24") and the middle one is a 32" Samsung G7.

Thanks,
    Surge

2. Surge

Surge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Looks like I may need eyefinity.. I'll mess with that

3. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I used AMD Eyefinity in R3E for the last couple of years with no issues whatsoever, it's great! I reluctanly bought a 1070 in the spring because the AMD cards were all out of stock (or $1000 - $2000) when I was finally able to bulid my new pc. My old card was an R9 280 3gb and did great considering it was runing on a 11 year old Core 2 quad q6600 lol.

If I recall once you set up an eyefinity group the game will give you the option for the correct resolution (say 5760 x 1080) as a single monitor, and then you go into the triple screen menu and describe the sizes, angles of side screens etc. When using the old -tri startup arguments you had to select the correct aspect ratio (48:9) in the graphics menu to get the option to set the resolution to 5760 x 1080. However with the new in-game triple screen config I don't remember if that is still how the menu is. I'd check, but right now the game won't launch for me which is why I'm on the forum lol.

4. Surge

Surge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    lol thanks for the reply. I'm just hoping to find a way to not have eyefinity on all the time. I only want it active for the game. My monitors aren't all the same size so it creates black bars on the center/main/bigger screen.

5. Surge

Surge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Finally tried it out and my middle screen being a higher res is puts the border raceroom creates like two inches into the middle screen on both sides instead of even with the bezel. It looks wrong and nothing seems to adjust that.

6. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hmm. I know the last couple times I changed things I just did the quick eyefinity setup since my monitors are close enough to the same size (25" center and 23" sides), but I remember doing an advanced setup at some point that gave me a bit more control as to how the screens were set up...not sure whether there's an advanced option in the newer drivers or not?