Turn invalid lap times red but running incl. sector times/deltas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needlessfox, Mar 22, 2021.

1. needlessfox

needlessfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Wishful thinking ...

Wouldn't it be nice, to have the Laptime running even if it is invalid (make numbers turning red [and maybe flashing]).

Imagine you got off track at the end of first turn - first sector - what makes the Lap invalid.
    In real racing you will head on and enter second sector with a "offset-time (delta)" in mind and you will try something to see if it works by just comparing the offset in mind with third sector entry time (delta) ...

Isn't that the way the real guys do it ... ok ... with "in-the-ear-race-engineer-support" an SecondMonitor-App on a laptop ;-)

What do you think?

Stay halthy!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    I absolutely support this. I don't understand why the game also disables the timer instead of only invalidating your total lap time. On the rare occasions when I play other sims, it's quite a relief to see the delta still running.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Good idea!

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I know it's not real-time, but invalid lap times are still displayed in the drop-down boxes in the pit menu. Not overly useful but it does show that the timer continues in the background even though it's not being displayed. So perhaps it wouldn't be a hard feature to add.