Question Type of Drive train

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by TynMahn, Sep 7, 2018.

1. TynMahn

TynMahn New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is there any easy way to determine what type of gearbox and steering wheel rotation the car is supposed to have?

I do not know if the car I'm "driving" is using an "H" shifter, a sequencial shifter, if the clutch is supposed to be used to shift or not, etc. (Which cars do have H Shifters btw?)

Also, I don't see where it says the stock steering wheel rotation?

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Set H-Shifter option on in the preferences and when an H-Shifter car comes around you'll only be able to use your H-Shifter.

Also, somewhere in this forum is a list with the h-pattern cars.

Why do you need the steering rotation? There should be an option to set it to "real" or something like that and you'll have the correct steering rotation for every car.

3. TynMahn

TynMahn New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So that I can match the wheel I'm using with the car. If the car has a "real" rotation of 720 then I can set my wheel to 720, etc.

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But you could just set your wheel to maximum rotation and the game locks it for you correctly. Then you also have the animated rotation matched with your wheel.
    I have my T300 always on 1080° in the profile.
    Modern GT and TCR cars usually have 540°, modern DTM cars like 450° and older cars (group 5, DTM 92, touring classics) 720° or 900°

But like I said, there's no real need to always change wheel rotation as the game does this for you. (At least for me :-D)

5. TynMahn

TynMahn New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I guess I'm just confused on this. I'll have to mess with and try to clear it up for me..

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Yepp. In the preferences there should be an option with the rotation (where you can also activate/deactivate driver arms and animated wheel) where you can set it to match realty or so. Don't know what it's called exactly.
    Keep in mind that in most cars the animation of rotation is limited to 360° when driver arms are activated.

7. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    This is only for the virtual wheel, displayed in car.

If your wheel allows it, Raceroom automatically set the steering values when you select a car. Nothing to do except to be sure that your wheel driver is set to "auto" and not a fixed value.

8. TynMahn

TynMahn New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm a bit disappointed. Been away for quite some time and came back to find that there is still no "gearbox filter" in the store, nor is there, in the description, anything indicating the type of shifting the car has.