Problem Unable to bind inputs to my G27

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Captain Zero, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    After trying many times, and doing Steam validations, driver updates on Logitech, unplugging my rally race handbrake, and a looonnnggg re-install, I am duped. I have the problem of not being able to bind any keys or wheel buttons to anything. I get no response from the default profile when I try to do a key press. Speaking of the "Press any Key" prompt, I do not get that at all.

I have received some help from the forum and friends (much appreciated!!) but I am still in taboo land. Some more ideas would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you!

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Do you have an Xbox 1 controller plugged in at the same time as your wheel?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    No sir. I don't have anything but my Cyborg controller that I have unplugged. I use this controller for a handbrake when racing rally. I have Logitech updated also.
    But I can report that the cursor in game is very unstable. It shakes like it has something trying to move it independent from what I am doing with the mouse at the moment. Its like something is trying to take the cursor one way and I am trying to go another. I don't know if that could be the problem.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, Im not sure if this may sound to simple, so forgive me here... but when you are trying to select which controller setting to bind to a key, are you double clicking with your left mouse button? For instance, if you want to bind DRS to a button on your wheel, are you highlighting it, and double clicking? This should then let you press a button, which will then be saved as the new key bind.

If so, are you saying when you are trying to bind the key then, that nothing is happening. No button is being registered as being saved as the new key bind?

As for the mouse cursor moving very weird over the screen, that is a new one to me :p Not sure if it is related to not being able to bind your keys, so, perhaps 1 issue at a time?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    To answer your question, I highlight the line I want to change then double click left mouse to setup the key or button press.

Question: where is the "Press any Key" prompt supposed to be when it shows up?

At the bottom of this post are two screen shots of my game pages.

The first one shows all my detected devices and the second one shows what happens when I highlight a line then double click on left mouse in an attempt to bind a key as you asked about above.

The ID:2 P3U as shown in second pic, can only be pulled up with a left double click on the mouse. Nothing happens when I try a key press on the keyboard or a button press on the wheel after deleting the ID:2 P3U out of the way on that line.

In addition, it states in the first pic that ID:2 is a virtual joystick. Also, the ID:2 P3U, can be deleted with the little trash can. But every time I try to change or add a binding from that point on, that is what I get. And it does that on every line and every page I try to bind something.

So I am thinking at this juncture, ID:2 P3U is where the problem lies. If I can get that to quit, I may be able to follow the correct procedure to get a binding.

And thanks again for your help!

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  6. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Check if you have Vjoy installed. Uninstall it and start game again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, it very well could have something to do with those other 2 devices that are showing up in the list of controllers that are identified in that 1st picture. I know when I had a gamepad plugged in with my wheel at the same time, it wouldnt let me assign any buttons. I had to disconnect everything from the USB ports except for my mouse/keyboard and my G27.

You mentioned disconnecting your handbrake, but perhaps you have other devices connected? You could try as JakkeFin mentioned as well.

You could also try something else entirely. You could download my controller file here and paste it into the folder I mention in that post. Then when you get in the game, you can select my profile. From there, you can see if you can rebind the keys... since they will be as I set them. This wont have any adverse affect on your game, delete your profile, or anything else and you can delete my profile if this doesnt work.

I do have a feeling though that it has to do with the other devices being recognized.

Not sure how other guys that have button boxes and other USB devices set up their key binds, but it should be possible... I'll ask another beta-tester when he gets online who may be a bit more knowledgeable than myself here.

8. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    YEAH!!! I deleted Vjoy and I am up and SHIFTING!!! YEEHAW!!!!:hearteyes:

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! You don't know how many hours I messed with this...and the shaky mouse cursor is gone too. :)

Nate, I looked at your profile info and i will use it too. Thanks!

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Right on, that was a good suggestion from JakkeFin above.

Glad its all settled though and you can finally get to enjoying the game ;)

10. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I am glad I was able to help :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1