Resolved Unable to chooose my Fanatec Porsche 911 Gt2 wheel as controller

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rune Brambo, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Rune Brambo

Rune Brambo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi...

I just reinstalled R3E after a few months off, and after change from Win7 to Win 10. Works fine with Project C.A.R.S. and Assetto Corsa. But in R3E I am unable to choose my wheel,or create a profile for it. Only keyboard and mouse shows as possible profile, Can't creat new profile either, just edit existing ones, and when I try no reaction from my wheel. When I go back and look at connected conrollers I can see my Fanatec wheel ingame. But I am not able to choose it at all. It will not show up when I try to create a profile for it.

And the wheel works fine in all my other installed games.

Rebooted the pc several times, restarted the wheel several times, wheel shows up in Win 10 and all functions are just fine. But no joy in R3E.

Anyone got a solution for this?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

you could try deleting the games documents folder, which also contains the controller profiles. Maybe some old files from before you re-installed are breaking something.
    It's this folder C:\Users\abc\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience and every file the game needs will be re-created once you re-start Raceroom. (If there are some replays or other things from before you want to keep you'd have to back them up tho.)
    After that the game should recognize your wheel at first launch and prompt you to create a new profile for it.

Report back if that doesn't help.

Cheers

Christian

3. Rune Brambo

Rune Brambo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Deleted the entire simbin folder. And it was the same problem when I started the game, for a few minutes. Before a message at the top of the screen poped up and told me a new device was found. Chose the device, which was my wheel and created a profile. Works fine now. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Great, have fun.

Cheers

Christian