Question Under braking shifting problem

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Richard Dobsa, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Richard Dobsa

Richard Dobsa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys!
    I am new to this game, so I am sorry if this is trivial to you. :)
    I seem to have some problem with shifting down under braking. Almost every car does it, on every circuit. When I hit the downshift the car gives a high pitch effect and won't shift down, so I have to double hit the button. On the Nordschelife it means around 5-10 clean corners without me having to double shift. I don't think it's the 0,05ms prevension from the settings, since it does it for the first shiftdown too sometimes. Any suggestions how to solve it?
    Thank you very much!

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd say that is the downshift protection kicking in. You'll need to slow down more before a downshift can be done

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    In addition, the DSP system is more intrusive on some cars than on others. Audi TTs are an example of a car that requires you to delay your downshift, especially when going from 3rd into 2nd gear.
    But these were dialed in with the feedback from real life TT Cup drivers, so it should be pretty realistic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Richard Dobsa

Richard Dobsa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys!
    Yes I am fighting with the TTs especially, but then it seems like I just have to be a bit more patient. :) :)
    Thanks for the answers!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I have this problem with the TTs all the time. They're very sensitive to it and require you to wait for your downshifts just a hair longer than you (well me, at least) normally would.

• Agree Agree x 1