Unreal damage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miganmarra, Jun 25, 2018.

1. miganmarra

miganmarra New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I wanted to give my opinion on the issue of vehicle damage. I think they are not well implemented because even if we select the most rigorous mode it is almost impossible for the car to see its behavior affected even though half of the body is visually missing. For example, it is not normal that when we drive a formula and touch a wall with a wheel, the behavior remains exactly the same. Perhaps some other way should be added that includes this possibility. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Some realistic damage would be very interesting, now you can lose the front of your openwheeler car but it takes a very heavy frontal impact, I'd love a mode like you could mod in the F1 codemasters games, more realistic/extreme damage that actually means something..

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I think the biggest limitation besides the processing power are the manufacturers not wanting their cars looking like wrecks ! I remember reading a post from back in the pC1 days where Mercedes stopped SMS making their DTM cars damage too much and i think and AC issue with Ferrari not wanting their car to drive badly giving the impression of bad handling or some such nonsense !

4. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Damage is not that great right now, hopefully, in the future, it will be worked on, i for one would love to see a new damage system in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1