Upcoming Tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Franken15

Franken15 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'm from Germany, but I have no problem if you bring in the above named english circuits.
    Maybe you should consider, to get a licence for the BTCC touringcar season. Afterall the BTCC is one of the best touringcar series.
    I watch all the races live on TV whenever they're on.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Jsood 2

Jsood 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think it's time for a American track pack 2.
    Sebring, Daytona 24h, Road Atlanta, Road America and the Glen. Allmost forgot, the full Brands Hatch track would be cool to have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Oh the nostalgia buttons been pressed, always started raining after I pitted at Knockhill and if you waited it stayed dry :D
    Think TOCA was last sim I actually used to run seasons, lots of seasons, fantastic memories of a fantastic bumper bashing sim!
    Fancy Codemasters should pass the BTCC license over to S3 then at least we will get some of the best tracks in the world, you know, the tracks where motorsport was invented :p:p:p:p:p

JF did mention 8 nearly finished tracks and their interest in some (if not all) the STCC tracks (which are multiplayer gems imo) so maybe we get a few in the near future, please!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  4. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Take a look at the Iracing interview on inside sim racing. They have the BTCC licence. Would be supprised if codies have any thing to do with it after all these years.

Problem is the BTCC has a lot of manufacturers so I guess licensing is a pretty hard task unless you get a full series licence. Then you have all the tracks to model. It's years of work and by then it's out of date.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You do the tracks first, adding to Sim gradually, then model the relevant cars for the appropriate season,so nothing's out of date, (our tracks don't change often or by much if they do) yep, take ages but I can wait, plenty to enjoy while I do! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Must have missed that piece of info. That's encouraging.

RE: The BTCC...yep, it would be a huge amount of work. I can think of 10 manufacturers off the top of my head - Ford, Honda, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Toyota, Chevy, MG, Subaru & Proton - might have missed one, but a lot of licences to obtain and cars to build.

Tracks wouldn't matter so much. WTCC 13 launched with only a few tracks available and that series is still far from complete. Just give us a complete Brands, the upcoming Silverstone and one other like Donington or Oulton Park and that's a good start.

This is all hypothetical of course but a BTCC licence in the hands of Sector3 would possibly be the most successful content they could ever release. Latch on to the old TOCA player base and you have a big winner.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Where did he say that? Are you sure you are not mistaken?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about that number, where do you get that from?

Codemasters have just taken over Evolution Studios for some new game, although I believe it's new IP so probably not related.

9. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sebring and LeMans absolutely necessary now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Not to forgett Rijeka/Grobnik.

Fun to drive in AC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    In JF's interview with insidesimracing he mentioned up to 8 tracks that had been started but not finished due to other commitments and a possibility of the STCC tracks as they were small and wouldn't take a lot of work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean this interview?

He talks about a selection of unfinished tracks at 46:10, but I can't hear him saying 8, only several tracks that they want to finish.
    And they have also got a request from event holders to make swedish tracks.

13. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Must be that when I hear a S3 soon I hear an infinite time so when I hear a JF several I actually hear 8+ :D
    No the figure 8 came from somewhere and someone and pretty sure it was JF, maybe he ought to pipe up and put me straight. :rolleyes: illuminating us all to what number the enigmatic several stands for but then personally, several and STCC tracks is fine by me! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Maybe that 8 includes tracks that they work on getting licensed :D

15. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Please no more tracks that are Flat - no matter where they are - we need more undulating tracks like the awesome Watkins Glen or Oulton Park. Selection should be driven by what is most fun & engaging in a sim I think.

16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sebring is completely flat.

Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chocoloco

Chocoloco Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This always happens to me when Steam is downloading an update in the background. You sure it's not that?

18. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I would like to contradict. In my opinion the selection should fit to the cars and series we have and not (just) the fun level. Though I love Oulton Park, I would rather see tracks like Sebring or Daytona for our new GTOs. No doubt about Watkins Glen of course ;)

19. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    In the interview he doesn't state what or where the 8 tracks are and then mentions stcc, So unless someone starts using their simulators at events in the states or the uk more, I doubt we'll see tracks from the two countries :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    @James Cook - Sebring is just a brilliant track to drive and probably the interesting & technical layout with good scenery always makes me forget it is almost completely flat ;) I almost forgot Atlanta my fave track from original Forza way back... love that too !

• Like Like x 2