Update AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andreas62, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Andreas62

Andreas62 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the AI is very aggressive when it comes from behind, and crash into my car.
    Will it ever be an update?

2. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I don't actually completely get the request above, which tends to surface every now and then. In my experience, if you brake along with the AI and don't do foolish moves during braking in turns and your pace in general matches them, there is no problem with AI bumping you.

This definitely was a problem with R3E earlier, but IMO this was addressed pretty well already during the second latest AI update. I'm not saying AI bumping to you doesn't happen ever, but I don't see it as a problem anymore, at least not on the tracks I've mostly used. There is other more crucial issues with AI, which I hope will be addressed with the latest patch, such as AI retiring due damage, blue flag behaviour and AI's difficulty to overtake lapped cars.

This is of course just my opinion, but the key is to set the AI speed correctly (or using adapting AI) and practice your braking points and it all comes together nicely at least for me.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Can't say I've had the problem either

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    In my experience the AI is fine if you do nothing unexpected. I see similar "requests" all the time on other sites and then they post videos about somebody completely messing up a turn and expecting the AI to politely slow down and wait until they put their stuff together. What's the challenge if the AI is too forgiving?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I had a race at minds the other night in a gt3 car and I got clipped at the parabolic from 4th place, it sent me into a spin and almost every car behind ploughed into me and wrecked my car, was most peed off as only had one lap to go. Luckily this is a rarity nowadays.

6. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I've had this issue before too!

I only experience this issue in the prototype (lemans type cars) series, wich I don't race anymore..

7. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I've had it happen on a few occasions, even when just holding my position steady in the pack, however for the most part I've found the AI to be pretty good.

Having only a single monitor, I've also found Crew Chief (Kudos to mr_belowski) to be very helpful in close quarters situations.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Does happen. It's still good ai

9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The AI are vastly improved from what they used to be. My main problem is that in any collision, whether you hit them or vice versa, you're almost guaranteed to come out of it worse off than them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    It will happen so now and then, mostly in conjunction of sub optimal braking. Like in real life, Sainz vs Verstappen last race: Sainz locked up his wheel under braking, Verstappen could not manage the new trajectory and bumped on Sainz from behind. This is inherent to racing.

11. Demerzel

Demerzel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't even bother with the ai because of this.

12. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Collision with AI has been worked on in upcoming patch, so effects are less dramatic.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic to know, many thanks Robert. This is going to be patch of the century if all the promised improvements and content materialise.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Andreas62

Andreas62 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your opinions. I am perhaps a bit spoiled by the excellent AI in rFactor2.

15. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Many of us are. My advice is, if you get too frustrated with R3E AI, go and play pCARS. After 30 minutes with the psychopathic AI in that game, R3E will look like a league of gentlemen :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1