Question Update changing my R3E video settings

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Azfalt Raser, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Just curious if anyone else had this issue?

I received an update this morning and my video settings changed to HIGH.
    Should updates apply your previous video settings?

Which brings me to another question:
    When I select AUTO for my video settings, the game is automatically set to HIGH.
    Unfortunately - I get 17 fps at Monza & 23 fps at Zolder.
    I always thought an "AUTO video setting" would detect your gpu, resolution you are playing at, and apply the settings to give you the best performance/experience for the game you are playing such as fuggeduhbowdit/low/med/high/ultra.....

How does the AUTO function work in R3E?
    ----------------------------

Since R3E only supports single gpu configuration, I removed my 2nd video card and still playing in 5760x1080 resolution at 60fps with custom medium settings.

2. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Yes I had the same issue of changed graphics settings, some things was set to default, fullscreen off, some settings were higher than previously.

A dev wrote somewhere that this patch had improved shadows and/or some other graphical improvements and that is the reason for the game changing its video settings automatically with this patch.
    About the AUTO setting I have no info on how it operates.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Same here, full screen was off and some settings lowered.
    Nothing big to change back though.

Don't know about the auto function, usually don't use this function in any game.

4. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Mine was set to auto and all messed up! Working on trying to remember where they were right. Then I'll do the smart thing and use my phone to screen shot the settings. Was ready to pull what little hair I haf left out. Wouldn't missed it much I'm afraid.:) Some of the new physics don't thrill mfe but won't really know tillmy settings are back.

5. fast_bear

fast_bear Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hi ,is there any news ? Since the last update i can't play fullscreen and i don't manage to swicht it in windows mode.

6. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Will have to wait for another patch/update before it will be fixed....."if" it's on the to do list.

I prefer to play in windowed mode for alt-tab capability - without minimizing the game - so it's not a problem for me.
    Regardless, it shows up full screen for me - even though it's in windowed mode (5760x1080 resolution).

• Like Like x 1
  7. fast_bear

fast_bear Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0