Question Upper Throttle Deadzone

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Matthew_Wheeler, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

I'm just a bit confused as to why there isn't an upper throttle deadzone for R3E as there isfor both the brake and the clutch. Will it be implemented in a later build?

Matthew

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so. Why would you want that? It does make sense for the other two pedals, but the throttle...Can't think of a reason why that'd be useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Because sometimes my throttle doesn't register 100%. Sometimes it's like 98%ish.

And well, why exactly do we have it for the other two pedals again?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Cause a clutch doesn't work gradually like a throttle, so to simulate the biting point sitting somewhere in the middle this might be useful.
    And some brake sets come with load cells or other stuff that prevents the user from actually pressing it down 100 %, so for those upper break deadzone can be important.

The throttle on the other hand doesn't come with those add-ons, you should always be able to reach max travel and hence 100 % input. If your pedal sometimes doesn't reach that it sounds like there's sth wrong, maybe needs to be calibrated?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    use this program to calibrate the pedals(dxtweak2)

• Like Like x 1
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's a known problem with many Logitech pedals because the potentiometers wear out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, would definitely be useful for those with pedals.

Recently had a problem with mine where they werent registering perfectly at 0% or at 100% so setting a slight deadzone is useful.

I'll try to pass this along to the devs to add to their wishlist and other requests ;)

But seeing as there is already clutch and brake deadzone... kinda odd that there isnt throttle as well. Although, with the other 2 already in, perhaps it wont be difficult to add if they decide to.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's not like I would mind there being a throttle deadzone. It's just that the reason you guys mention isn't really a "feature" of some sorts, it would mean adding an option to cover for your guys' failing hardware. :p

But I agree with Nate, shouldn't be too big a task to add this.

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    hehe, well pardon me and my failing hardware... guess I should just toss it out and buy a new one like @Ronin_GTDave did with his cpu and whatever else he had issues with recently :p

But, on serious note too... There is a use for this outside of failing hardware. Some pedal sets are very sensitive in where they register 100%. Some pedal sets need to be depressed absolutely fully until they hit the stop behind them to register 100%. This is a problem since you will need to fully depress the pedals to that stop to register 100%. So being able to adjust a slight deadzone on the end of that throw will allow you to depress the pedal slightly less, so you dont hit the backstop.

Or also because I feel lazy sometimes and dont want to use so much effort to press the pedal down all the way :oops::D

Either way, I see it as useful :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Being one of the few gamepad elitists here, I know little about the hard times pedal users go through. ;)
    I always was under the impression that you can adjust stuff like this in the hardware's driver/calibration software...

• Like Like x 1
  11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If only that were the case. However, Logitech doesnt really have the best driver software out there.

In fact, the geniuses at Logitech pushed out a driver update this past March, and left the version number the exact same as the previous driver released in 2010... Not like this could possibly lead to confusion when Sector3 recommended that everyone update to the newest drivers... only for people to check and see the same damn version numbers. *doh*

:rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    understatement of the century.

13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Just couldn't leave me out of it could you?

Hardware change for me was a necessary evil. Performance boost due to Intel i5 6500 processor was a worth while bonus though even if it did nearly break the bank for me.

The wheel will be the next thing to go for me (potentially), my G27 has been apart more time then I can remember over the last 7 years, it's not just drivers Logitech have issues with, the hardware components (internal) aren't of the highest quality either (slight understatement).

I seriously doubt I'll buy from logitech again in the future.

Saying that though, I have never had throttle issues and unlike @nate, I'm not lazy, so, while I'd have no need for for an upper throttle deadzone, I can't see the harm in having it as an option and it should only be as hard to implement as the upper brake deadzone was.