Question Using other peoples Replays

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OverTheLine, Feb 6, 2017.

1. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Hey

Ive been trying to use replays that a friend sent me however it cannot view them at all. Ive placed them in the document folder under simbin (replays) with all of the others that i have, yet whenever i try and launch/open the file it comes back with an error...

Is it possible to view a replay someone send you at all?
    The error i get is Content Server Error 20103

Cheers
    otl

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Yes, have you tried renaming it?
    If your about for a quick voice chat on mumble or steam, I can walk you through it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Do you have the same content that your friend? I think that is not possible to view a replay without the same content purchased.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    yes have the same car + skin prior to launching the replay...ive since solved it....i had to buy every car in the pack in order for it to work....very dissapointed that this is the car....

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    So it turns out that you need to own all the content featured in the specific replay file that your sharing, so that's ALL of the cars from the class(es) (not liveries though) and the circuit.

Just so everyone knows for future reference.

6. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    With liveries does it depend on how they are added to the game, if adding a livery adds a seperate file the game has to load and your game does not have that file will that not cause an error?

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Shouldn't do as long as you own the car model it goes on.

8. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    This is not the case, or shouldn't be at least. You just need to own the player car. All the other cars get loaded as "AI" cars and do not require ownership.

But we investigated your replay a bit and there seems to be queries for 2 player cars which would be a bug. We're still looking into it and might get back to you with some questions @OverTheLine

• Like Like x 2