Very grateful for the physics updates for FRX-17 and US Indy, keep them coming...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Sep 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Alex Hodgkinson @J-F Chardon for going through all the cars and give them this new "coat" of physics polishing. The cars that received such "upgrade" have a much more realistic weight, control and overall behavior, especially the Tatuus F4. Keep them coming, can't wait to have the GT1 getting such wonderful updates.

With a 6 DOF motion simulator, this physics "upgrade" on the cars is even more noticeable... cannot explain why, but loving it anyways. Perhaps, it's placebo.

Hopefully, one day, we can get the tyre scrubbing effect from the old days to provide additional queues as to when the tyres are just about to lose grip... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. stlutz

stlutz Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I agree. The Indy Car--I mean Formula NA--was one of my favorite cars before but I've found them even more enjoyable post-update. Loss of rear grip at slow speed isn't quite so abrupt as it was before.

Only complaint is that the tires are no longer color-coded. Was always helpful before when you could identify which tires other drivers are using. In real life F1 and Indy car, tires are clearly marked.

• Agree Agree x 1