Resolved Video Settings test/information FYI

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Azfalt Raser, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    ***Edit*** I edited this post to make it easier to read.

I have seen posts asking which video settings impact performance the most. Not everyone has the best graphics card and since the update, I decided to go through the settings to see how each one impacted MY computer's performance. The data is shown below. It should be self explanatory.

System: i7 2700k, 16gb DDR3 RAM, HD6970 (2GB) gpu (equivalent to GTX 570/580)
    1920x1080 resolution on 23" gaming monitor.

I set graphics settings to low. Then I maxed one setting to see the impact on my system. I returned setting back to low then maxed the next item.....so on so forth down the list.

[​IMG]
    "All minimal impact settings" = all settings which produced 167fps was set to ON/HIGH at the same time.

* "During Race with max cars" = all settings maxed out for Race session with maximum number of cars.
    ** I didn't test the maximum number of cars in the low setting.
    *** The 4 lower tests, the average FPS was near the middle of the FPS range shown.
    **** Tests run in "windowed" mode. Full Screen mode should yield better results.

I hope this information helps some of the people with older graphics cards or at least better understand which items impact your game more than others and give you the best video quality you can achieve.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016