Bug Volkswagen Scirocco Group 2 dowshift from 3rd to 2nd not engaging?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Haris1977, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I tried to compete in the leader boards (one fast lap at nurburgring / get real mode) with the Volkswagen Scirocco Group 2 car.

But, when i quickly downshift from 3 to 2nd, most of the times 2nd gear is not engaged (especially at the long straight before the apex, at the end of the lap), so my lap is far from perfect. Do you guys face the same issue too?

PS It seems to happen when stability control = off

2. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Are you using autoclutch? With the Scirocco, you only have 4 gears so the gaps between gears ar greater than 5-gears gearboxes. You may have to wait a little bit before downshifting.

If you use manual gearbox with clutch and heel and toe, you have to wait also but you can downshift sooner with a good amount of throttle.

3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Using H-Shift?

4. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
  5. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I can shift normal thru all gears up and down, with no driver aids.

6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    It is not my driving style.

Autoclutch is off. I do use clutch + manual gearbox. It only happens with stability control off. When it is to low (as i usually have it) i have no problem.

7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Oups. Sorry. My mistake. I thought i had autoclutch off but i was on manual + autoclutch mode. I reverted back to manual. But again - the gear box needs a little more time to downshift..

It also seems that when stability control = low (not off) and transmission = manual + autoclutch, i have no problem with quick downshifts..strange..

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020