Bug VR flashes between sessions after March update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Alexander Asner, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I have the odd bug that when I finished a session in VR the Vive screens start flashing like crazy. It shows the "continue" screen on the VR headset while on the monitor I already see the menu for the next session (not flashing). Easy to work around but I have to strip off the headset and continue on the monitor. After you select something there all is back to normal.

2. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm this. I have the same and also my NLR motion v3 keeps bumping like crazy. Once you hit the <continue> button it is over.

3. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm also screen goes crazy between sessions in single player mode using Rift.

No issues after hitting continue but seems like VR performance is way down from where it was before March 15 update.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys ! It has been duplicated and passed on to the Dev's ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    For me that has stopped after I restarted the computer. It did only exist right immediately after the update before rebooting.

6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I've had to drop the super sampling down by .2, reduce shadows to medium and I am still stuttering by myself on some tracks.. where as a month ago not only wasn't this the case, but I could run 18 AI with no stuttering.. Something has changed for me. I am in openVR - via vive...

7. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm the image going nuts between sessions. Performance seems to have dropped as well. I've disabled that whole auto scaling on Steam VR. Performance is ok for most time but there's certain corners on the tracks (ie turn 11 on sonoma raceway WTCC) where it just bogs down. It was better before the patch definitely. I run 6600K and 1070 I know it's not a beast but it used to do a good enough job.

8. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, Sonoma is now unplayable as that is one of the most difficult turns due to passing and the stuttering makes it stupid/dangerous.

The new track as well coming onto the straight. I’m getting stuttering and then very low FPS for almost the entire straight. Add AI and it’s unplayable.

First right handed at laguna is also stuttering badly with other players or AI.

I’m on a 6960x i7 and nvidia titan both pretty aggressively over clocked. I sure wish I knew what sector3 was testing on that actually works.

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    HAL9000 I guess