Problem vr viewport is shifting left

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by richlevy2003, Aug 12, 2019.

1. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    This is something odd I have never noticed before. I have just been racing the last week after having a few months off from sim racing

Mid Ohio, group5 cars. About every lap, sometimes 2x I have to reset the view because it keeps shifting a few degrees each lap. After 6 laps I was facing the passenger window. Odd way to drive, I reset the view and it center everything up, but it kept doing the shift.
    Samsung headset, newest nvidia drivers, steam updates, windows updated, raceroom updated.
    Any ideas or suggestions

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    any chance you have a button bound to look left or look right and its bugging

Andi

3. SanginoGambino

SanginoGambino New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Having the same issue. It happens with OpenVR and SteamVR. Sometimes its worse than other times... Last night while playing, every lap I would be facing the front window pillar (while headset facing directly towards steering wheel) and having to re-center every lap. Sometimes it shifts to the left, sometimes to the right, but would say 80% of the time my view shifts to the left as OP mentioned...

Also, no buttons bound for looking around.

Using Oculus Rift CV1

4. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Hey andi, I dont believe I have any buttons set for look left or right.
    I haven't tested with other card yet. Getting set up in vr is a major pain now over what it was 4 months ago.