Question VRP woes.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by VikingPSG, May 28, 2016.

1. VikingPSG

VikingPSG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It has been some time since i raced in Raceroom or bought any content from the store but now, after seeing the new GTR3 car pack in a recent email, my interest has been piqued and i would like to buy the pack and race again. I went to the Raceroom Shop to purchase some VRP points. :)

I have bought VRP from the store before now and own a number of cars and tracks and I used to be able to buy them using the funds in my steam wallet but that option is no longer available. o_O The only way to purchase them was by credit card...... I don't have a credit card..... :(:mad:

It would seem that I (and probably quite a few others) have been excluded from buying ANY content from your store and would like to know why the decision was taken to alienate and exclude anyone who doesn't have a credit card? How do i purchase any more content from the Store?

(Please don't say "Get a credit card")

2. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a debit card? I don't have a credit card and I can buy vrp fine.

3. Chocoloco

Chocoloco Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    While I can't verify what your saying because I still have vrp on my account and can't choose another payment method anyway, what you can do alternatively is to buy vrp from here: https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

You can pay with paypal there.

It's cheaper anyway because of the additional savings from buying a vrp pack.

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Did you activate steam-overlay in steam settings?
    Usually some user settings are the reason, it doesen't work.
    Another possibility is here. Paypal worked fine.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This.
    If you don't have enough vRPs in your account in order to pay with money in your steam wallet you need to have the steam overlays enabled. On checkout a steam popup will apear asking you to authorize the payment. You can activate the overlays in steams settings, in-game tab.

However I agree with both former posts, get them at a discount at raceroomstore.com.

6. VikingPSG

VikingPSG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all for your replies.

My Steam Overlay has always been activated but i don't normally enter the store that way. I usually just enter through the web browser and yes I do got to the raceroom store to buy the points. I did nevertheless follow the links you provided and they sent me to the same store but different regions.....which is where i noticed THE PROBLEM.

It seems that it is the United Kingdom region that the restriction applies to, which is where i am from. If i use the International region i get the option to use Paypal or Credit Card. Unfortunately i had already transferred the money from Paypal to my Steam Wallet before entering the store portal...... bummer. :( I'll have to wait while i can get more dosh into my paypal account i guess and then use the International region in the store to buy from now on.

I will however try going through the game and see what happens. I'll post later.

Edit:
    Ok. I was able to buy pretty painlessly through the game using my Steam Wallet funds. :p

Thanks again guys but methinks they need to sort their web portal out and allow us the same options as they do for other regions or through the game for that matter. Still seems funny to me why you can't buy vrp from the same drop down that tells you how many points you have. o_O

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Actually they changed the concept quite some time ago, you can't separately buy vRP packs in the game anymore. You only get to buy the amount of vRP you need when you checkout items in the store.

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That right - regarding Ingame-Purchase... That has something todo with the Steam-Plattform. Every Purchase in the ingame Store with payment via Steam leads to a fee that Raceroom has to pay to steam.

To give a possibility to safe some more money, Raceroom moved the vRP-Packs to there own Store: https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=5

With a purchase in that store, you'll get a mail with a redeem-code which must be entered in the ingame-store.

9. VikingPSG

VikingPSG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I understand all this and was around when they changed to selling the points through the store but I would still like to know why the UK region doesn't have a paypal option when buying vrp in the store when other regions do.

10. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi VikingPSG,

Are you talking about www.raceroomstore.com? This I can check with the publisher.

Or do you mean Paypal is no longer available when buying it in game or in our web portal. This would be something on Steam's side which we have no control over.

11. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Nah pp is still available

12. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Ok it's the raceroomstore. I'll bring it up with the publisher to see why that's the case.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. VikingPSG

VikingPSG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Apologies for the delay. Yes i did mean the raceroomstore and am eager to find out the results.

14. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    The publisher is investigating this since the beginning of the week apparently. I'll reply here once I have a concluding answer from them.

Can you confirm that PayPal was indeed an option before?

15. VikingPSG

VikingPSG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm. I'm afraid that it was quite some time ago when I last bought through the raceroomstore (talking a year or so probably) but to the best of my memory I think it was an option back then.

Update...
    I decided to look through my old Paypal invoices to see when or if i payed using this method and found that I had bought 2000 points on the 5th March 2015 but the payment was in euros, so that was most probably through the international region of the store, which means I can't confirm if paypal was an option back then. Sorry.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  16. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    I received an update on this PayPal option in UK region at raceroomstore.com

The publisher had their UK PayPal account compromised so they had to close it. They then changed to SagePay which they are apparently intending to keep for the moment.

Your options are SagePay and bank transfer looks like. They might bring PayPal again in the future but not at the moment.

If you must have PayPal, what happens if you try to buy under "International" region?

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. VikingPSG

VikingPSG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There would be the current exchange rate to consider (if it made any difference). It's not that I MUST have Paypal, especially now that i can easily buy through the game, it was that that was how I last paid for points and was baffled as to why it had changed.

Thank you for you very much for your time and effort. :D

• Like Like x 1