Problem VRS DD, no friction on standstill

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sharp, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    So, I recently got my VRS DD and set it up.

I, however noticed that in RRE there is no FFB while standing still despite the slider with "stationary friction" set to 50 in-game (default)

Here are the settings in the VRS software. (note; Friction, Inertia, Spring are not yet implemented
    Note2: that "Game Effect Only" is enabled.)
    upload_2021-6-24_10-55-55.png

Wonder if some one can help me out here.

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    When steering stationary the game sends friction based or damping signals to your wheel, but those are switched off completely in your software right now. Having those sliders at 100% does not mean, the wheel produces those forces on its own. It just allows a game to make use of this forces at all. I think that's what's meant with "game effect only". But you said, that friction for example has not been implemented yet, so I'm afraid, until that happens you won't get that tyre friction when standing still. It has absolutely no influence on ffb for normal driving, since the game doesn't make use of those effects at speeds above 35kmph.

Oli

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this. But shouldn't the game overrule the software because of "Game effect only"?
    I was thinking, the game is sending a friction signal to the steering wheel, despite the function of friction being absent (for now) in the wheel software.

4. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    The sliders in the wheel's driver just represent how much of that effect is allowed to being generated, when the game sends such a signal. So if the game transmits a 100% signal and the slider in your software is set to 0%, there's just no ffb output (for that given kind of signal, damping for example) having the driver slider at 50% and the game sends a 50% signal, you'd then get an overall output of (0,5*0,5=0,25) 25%
    'Game effect' means, that the wheel just reproduces what is sent by the game, without generating a constant force by itself.
    (This only might be useful in non ffb games, to force the wheel to produce a constant spring effect for example to mimic the missing self aligning forces)

Oli

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the detailed explanation!