Bug Waiting "forever" between Practice/Quali and Quali/Race (MP server)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ChatCureuil, Nov 28, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm writing this while we are waiting since more than 10 minutes between Practice and Quali session on a MP server.

Game waits for joining players since a patch released some months ago and there's this issue that the waiting can be very long and potentially infinite.

As long as players are joining we can't move to the next session. What happens is that impatient players leave, while new players join and it... just ended after approx. 15 minutes of waiting... :confused:

Definitely something to fix here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I believe this is something that was being looked into.

Not sure if there is a solution for it yet though :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Actually I don't remember why it was changed, and too lazy to search. ^^ But I'm sure there's a good compromise to do. :)

4. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Again waiting since more than 10 minutes that the quali session starts. :confused:

Why not refusing new players for this period and asking them to retry when next session starts (if it's quali)? And so the session could start fast and nobody needs to wait 10 minutes or more. A waiting list would be better but not necessary.

That's not acceptable to wait so much in front of a static screen. Players are leaving server (we was 22+ and now 10) and I'm gonna do the same... :confused:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp, noticed it myself several times today... I addition it is a bit irritating that there is the information "Waiting for other players joining the session" but all slots on the server were already full...