We really need a flag system in place!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmaruda, Jul 4, 2016.

1. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I know this has probably been discussed to death, but today I tried to race the AI at the Red Bull ring, and I admit, I am not fast, so I set them quite low, but the amount of crap they gave me was just too much.

Here is my point of view - most people think that a flag system is there to punish people cutting the track, those who cause crashes. True, but the way I see it, in real racing it's also a warning system. I go into a corner, keep my speed optimal, I would be good, by some idiot spins out. I find out just when he appears in front of me and I am going to fast to avoid a T-bone. Had I seen a yellow flag somewhere, I would have probably slowed down and be worried more about not crashing, than going fast, but no flag is shown and I have no idea that I should focus no avoiding a crash, rather than going fast around the corner.

When it comes to a blue flag situation, I would say, despite there not being one, the AI acts good when lapped, they allow me to pass them with ease and keep a safe distance. But when it comes to yellow flag situations, I have no idea, there is a hazard ahead and none of the bots seem to mind.

Case in point, it's not imperative to teach the AI to handle flag situations, but from my perspective, it's really necessary to have those flag at least as a warning that there is a accident on the track.

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Arguably one of the most important features lacking at the moment, from immersion to actual racecraft it's an important aspect of racing. No doubt Sector 3 are aware and would like to add it but all we can do as customers is repeat that this is an important feature for us.

Edit: Removed the last bit because I was on my first cup of coffee and was feeling salty.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  3. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Flags like Yellow, Blue (multiplayer qualli) and red etc would all be super cool.

I usually have quite clean races but every now and then me and the AI or just the AI tangle up and slide out, if a yellow flag was shown and people were forced to lift off a bit, that'd add so much to the immersion of the racing.