Weak, delayed FFB with Thrustmaster T300 and latest firmware

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScoPi, Jun 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoPi

ScoPi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At least two of us in ESR with T300's did a driver and firmware upgrade in response to the new RaceRoom version with "improved FFB". Unfortunately, both of our experiences with the new FFB would seem to suggest that something isn't right. While I don't expect it to feel like it used to, it's just bad now. The particulars are that the FFB isn't much more than weak weight transfer, and it's a bit delayed as well. The other T300 user in our community noticed that it felt great with the older firmware, but as soon as he upgraded it, it was awful.

2. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    What worked for me on T300 was dropping the linearity to 70-75% and putting the bump amplification to 35-40%. Then adjust the car specific multiplier to have a bit of clipping in FFB intensive places. It feels ok for me, I am not noticing any delays. I also have latest FW and drivers.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Not really sure what to tell you here. I tested with my T300 initially on really old firmware and drivers (2018 ish) and then several beta drivers in between and finally on the 2021 version 2 that was the public release.

My wheel felt the same on all of them, the only real differences between the old and new drivers is to allow the new fancy F1 wheel to work.

My wheel is performing as expected.

My settings are as follows.

TM control panel, default

In game, overall force 100, linearity 85, min force 2, maximum force 100, stationary friction 50, engine vibe 0, bump amplification 40, gear effect 40

With cars set up with the multiplier to clip slightly under high load (eau rouge at spa for example). I'm getting weight transfer, road texture, kerbs etc all just fine.

4. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
  5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Too many entries on the same topic. This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.