Weather, Car Setup and Get Real questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -nOiSe-, Oct 14, 2016.

1. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    1) When will we have raining conditions?
    2) How can I setup camber and caster if I haven't tyre temperature references? o_O
    3) I've run 3 championships in "get real" mode by now and I noticed it's quite impossibile to blow the engine or seriously damage the mechanical parts of the car. We can do it just with hard accidents... but I play with keyboard and automatic clutch, so I can't be sure of that.
    However just an example: yesterday I slightly damaged the front of the car (the front body and hood) so we suppose that the cooling doesn't work properly, damaging slowly the engine... but nothing happened. The "engine health bar" didn't move.
    I think engine would be consumed also during the race/pratice/qualify sessions, if we use often high rpms, damage the body or as it happens now reaching the rpm limit... also it could be realted to the gear/engine car setup and weather conditions (more or less hot) etc.
    Same thing for brakes...
    And now about body damages: with damaged hood and body as explained above, I didn't feel any handling changes and the max speed in long straights it looked about the same... but I repeat I play with keyboard and I can be badly wrong... :confused:

Thanks for reading and for the asnwers... and sorry for my bad english... :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    what follows is my opinion and just that
    1/ dont think it will happen ;
    2/ probably when they get around to implementing it and making sure that it cant be over exploited (ps , you dont have caster)

after that its possible to totally kill the engine and gearbox , from contacts ... and from driving like a muppet in a two hour race ;but i agree the engine damage model needs tweaking

brakes do wear , the best example was the fix needed for the 2015 audi tt that lost its back brakes due to the disc being to thin and failing

ive seen loads of changes and a significant change iin direction of this game in the last few years , remember when this game was concieved it wasnt really aimed at the serious sim racer ; more casual racer (again in my opinion) and im sure at that point when the coders were glueing it together they asked questions and when they got answers like "we dont need that , or wont be using that " it was hard coded out ... so needs hard coding in .... and that i assume is a royal PITA

Andi

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. -nOiSe-

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the answers ;)
    1) Why? Raining it's a important part of racing and is fun... I really hope will be implemented in the future...
    2) Ok. Sorry I thought the other adjustment was "caster". My game is in italian and google translates the other setup in "convergence". I don't know if it's right.

Ok for brake and engine wears. It's realistic to kill them in 2 hours of race after a contact, but it could be relative to the totale race time/duration and the player should choose the amount of the wear ratio, for ex. normal, 2x, 3x etc... same thing also for tyres: there's just a "on/off" switch for tyre wear in Championship and Single Race.

Ok, I've got it... Also "RACE 07" was for casual and "serious" gamers, but it also had more stuffs and it was more customizable.
    I really like RaceRoom. I'm playing it since the first time I've seen its "advertising" while loading RACE 07 and I really hope and want this game will improve. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I can't understand, how can you enjoy RaceRoom playing on keyboard, when it's strongest side, apart from sound, is IMO ForceFeedback and general feel of the car, which you obviously don't get on keyboard (and pad).

Seriously, get a (proper) wheel, it's whole different world :)

As for the things you mentioned.
    You can damage engine when you're overreving. It's a bit harder, when they implemented downshift prevention, but still possible. You sure, you have all damage enabled? There is also possibility of damaging gearbox by shifting without clutch.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. -nOiSe-

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    As always said in the forum, I know with wheel its better, but my low budget doesn't allow to me to buy one... and I don't want to buy a low cost wheel...
    I play Racing game/simulation with keyboard since "Grand Prix 1" (about 1991), so trust me: I know what I'm doing... :p Even if I'd like to have a wheel and pedal... :p

I had damage enable and yes, I saw that it's possible to wear the engine with overreving, but it's almost impossible to kill/destroy it.
    I have also automatic clutch, but now I'll test the gearbox trying to change the gear without clutch... :D

6. Krueger

Krueger Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I play with a low cost wheel (t150) and it's better to play with keyboard or pad, and it's not very expensive.
    (soory for my english :p)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    weather would be f... awesome, imagine the Nordschleife in rainy conditions :) mist, fog, sun, that's all part of racing. Even on a PlayStation it is possible (project cars) :p the sky images are not very nice/resolutions wise in raceoom. They can be improved I'm sure :) Perhaps one day ....

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  8. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Stunning

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. -nOiSe-

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Ok after seeing this video, we can understand as it can be hard to "project" and program weather conditions... XD

10. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    For some reason, people in the UK never seem to ask for rain to be implemented............

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    and no fog I guess :) but I think this is an rumor lol

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Is this gbw 2.6 for raceroom? If so where do i get It? I looked at rd but could not see it

13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    its for assetto

there is no modding in R3E

Andi

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    bugger, I thought this was an r3e thread, lol