News Weekly Update 12/02/16 - New Formula Car Announced

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 18, 2016.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Formula RaceRoom Junior
    Hot on the tails on the Formula RaceRoom 2 release, we are putting the next model in the family through the final test paces. The "Formula RR Jr" is an entry-level single seater and a great way to step into the world of open-wheelers. Its very distinctive look is defined by the lack of any aerodynamic devices such as front- and rear wings.

Don't let it fool you that the "Junior" does not sport monstrous stats or tries to kill you in every corner. This is a car that levels the playing field, it will highlight driving skill, racecraft and pure talent behind a wheel.

Multiplayer races here in the office have turned out to be some of the most fun we have ever had in fine-tuning a car model and we can't wait to share this enjoyable experience with you all.
    For more information and updated on the progress of the Formula Junior, have a look at the Sector3 community forum.

[​IMG]

DTM Winter Cup - Semifinals live!
    Dramatic Fights, uncontrolled clashes and a devastating mistake shaped the four exciting quarterfinal races of DTM Experience Winter Cup at the Red Bull Ring. Here are the official starter lists for the semifinals and the report of the quarterfinals.

Now the DTM Winter Cup steps up to the next level with the top 50 racers duking it out in two hotly contested semi-finals, broadcast live with professional commentary from the team atTouring Pro Series. The search for a champion has entered the penultimate stage and Moscow Raceway stands ready to welcome the drivers!

The stakes are high, the top 12 of each semi-final will be embarking on a true adventure on location at the DTM season opener at the Hockenheimring in Germany.
    You can follow the semi-finals live on the RaceRoom Twitch channel. Tune in early to learn more about the drivers and perhaps to pick your favorite to make it to the finals and that top step on the championship podium.

Semi-final program:
    Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th of February, the virtual doors open at 19.00 CET with the warmup session and qualification runs. Race starts at 20.00 CET

[​IMG]

The Bentley motors on
    We have previously announced that the Bentley Continental GT3 is coming to RaceRoom, and now this great car is far enough in production to give you a few examples of what it looks like when our physics wizards make the final adjustments for spot on in-game performance.
    Go here to see more of the Bentley and get ready to strap in behind the wheel of it yourself.

[​IMG]

Feature updates
    Our programmers are busy as ever preparing game feature and function improvements for the coming game updates. Right now the focus is on ForceFeedback, car setup functionality, Fuel use and a brand new updated compact Head-Up-Display implementation.
    If you want to keep up to date on the progress, visit the Sector3 community forums and drop by the RaceRoom facebook page.

[​IMG]

Can you beat a professional driver?

Audi TT Cup racing ace, Joonas Lappalainen, is issuing a challenge to all RaceRoom drivers. Tomorrow, Saturday 13th, he is setting the bar as high as he can with a set of hotlaps.
    Jump in the Audi TT cup car and try to beat him on the very track that saw him climbing on the podium of both races held in Oschersleben during the 2015 season. Will you be able to keep up, even with his ghost car to learn from?

Do not forget that in Qualifying sessions, Push to Pass is allowed, so make sure to bind "DRS/PTP" control and use it during your hotlaps!

Prizes are 10 randomly distributed redeem codes that will unlock the car pack as well as the tracks of the 2015 season. The car and track are both FREE for anyone to try in this event.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    @Sector3 "Weekly Update 12/02/16" means, we get a development update every week now?
    I would really appreciate that. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    "Tomorrow, Saturday 13th, he is setting the bar as high ..."

Not nit-picking or anything, but isn't this last week's update?

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, we kept Sonat busy with stocking up our testers supply of horse tranquilizers last week. Sorry bout that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    You testers never cease to amaze me. When I'm ripped to the tits on drink and drugs I achieve very little, but you seem able to press on regardless. You really are a shining beacon to us all. Keep up the good work :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so.
    The last "weekly" update was back in November.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    New favourite expression right there

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    So I tried the Vip driver challenge, is the ptp available during the it? First time trying this car not sure of the rules as far as usage. I have ptp bound to my wheel and doesn't seem to be available during challenge, I assume this is correct.

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It is available in the competition.

• Like Like x 1
  10. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Really ? Hmmmm tried it a few times didn't work. Will have to investigate.

11. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    good news