Problem Weird accelerator issue - T300

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Grenth, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Grenth

Grenth Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    An issue has started since the latest update. I'm using a T300 Ferrari Alcantara wheel and T3PA pedals that came with it.
    When I start a practice or a race, the accelerator acts as if I have it is full throttle and will remain that way until I interact in some form. I can barely tap the wheel, a button on the wheel or any of the pedals and it will fall back to idle as it should be. From that point on everything remains functioning normally.
    When I start another new practice or race, it happens again. I have roughly 157 hours in playtime with RaceRoom and this is the first I've ever seen of this occur. I'm quite familiar with calibrating wheels and pc controllers, so I'm definitely stumped on this one.

What I have done so far to troubleshoot:
    • Tested with my other racing titles - AC, Pcars, Dirt Rally : None of these are exhibiting this issue.
    • Tried different usb ports (back of pc) - same results
    • Completely uninstalled and cleaned drivers out; reinstalled drivers and reapply firmware. - same results
    • Removed any excess HID devices related to this wheel from Device Manager.
    • Check wheel cords/plugs for condition - all check out good
    • Uninstalled RaceRoom and removed everything in Documents directory, then reinstalled. - same result
    This is minor, but annoying I suppose. I can simply just tap a pedal or start turning the wheel and it will resolve instantly. I thought maybe my pedals were glitching, but it does not show any issues in the drivers panel or in any of the other racing titles so I am a loss as to the cause. RR just seems to think I have the throttle floored until it receives some other input.
    Here is a video where I try to show what I am referring to (In the video when the engine falls to normal idle, it does so because I've either tapped one of the pedals or pressed a button on the wheel.) :

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to share. Thanks!
    ~Dave

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey Dave,

I noticed that bug as well and i have the setup as you. I honestly don't mind as you mentioned just tap the gas or turn the wheel as long as it doesn't affect my driving its all good :) but it is weird

3. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was designed that way intentionally. Why? No idea.

4. Grenth

Grenth Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well, like I said it's a minor annoyance, but it never did that prior to the latest update. I wasn't sure whether it was a bug or a problem isolated to me.
    Regardless, I am grateful for everything Sector3 has done with this sim title and in my mind I am sending the developers virtual cases of their favorite beers. Cheers!

5. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ya am really grateful for this update it changed the game so much. By the way what is your force feedback settings i want to compare them to mine. Specially the min force.

6. Grenth

Grenth Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, It's just default a the moment and the TM control panel is also default accept damper and spring at 0. I'll get to messing around with it and get it dialed in with the new FFB. I have to readjust my fov and seat settings as well.
    Spring weather has me neglecting my sim fun. I'm looking at you fishing rod >.>

7. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I know what you mean the weather is getting amazing! i find the default settings are good i dont know if i should play with it or just keep it the way it is.

8. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Same thing happening with my T300 although I am using g27 pedals with a load cell. Bit of a pain.

9. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    +1 with t300 gte and original pedals

10. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I've the same issue with my T300RS+Logitech G27 pedals

It's maybe related:
    In Assetto Corsa, most people like me have to push 100% the pedals during the loading/pits to do a calibration. If not, braking and acceleration are oversensitive.
    If I remember well, I also had to reverse the sense of pressure of the pedals in Assetto Corsa settings (by checking each option) to get correct parameters. That means Assetto initially interpreted my pedals at 0% like if they're pushed at 100%

So that could mean Raceroom think the pedals are pushed 100% at the starting grid while they're infact at 0%. Looks like it's a driver issue.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  11. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    This is not a new issue actually. But it is interesting to read that you guys didn't have it before.

The issue can occur with any Direct Input device basically. It's related to the data that gets sent by hardware.

This doesn't mean we cannot fix it somehow but in a technical sense it kind of works as intended as it correctly applies the value/data coming from the hardware.

12. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Easiest fix for this is to assign keys/buttons for ignition and starter.