Problem Weird video and game behavior

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Mar 28, 2016.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I have a strange problem, that only happens on some tracks. But it happens on those tracks in the exact same spot every time and only in those spots. And it doesn't seem to matter what my video settings are, except to reduce the severity of the problem. For instance on Chang, coming down the second straightaway towards the pits. If i touch the rumble strip at all. the video goes completely nuts. It's like for one second I'm running at 4fps. It tends to be an exaggerated response to the suspension system bouncing off the rumble strip and loosing almost all control of the car at that time.

My video settings are mostly low, with only a few details set to medium. And I've disabled crossfire on this game which fixed my micro stuttering. I have vertical sync on, but that doesn't seem to make any difference, as I've tried with it off as well. I'm getting a solid 60 fps with only minor drops in frame rate of 3 or 4 fps. And during these episodes my frame rate doesn't change at all before during or after the incident, like the game doesn't even know its happeningo_O

The short term solution is to not hit the rumble strips in those areas. But in the heat of battle that's not always an option. And I invariably end up in a mayhem situation, or bouncing off the nearest wall and flying around helplessly.:confused:

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Gregoryleo

2. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I have this problem to, I solved it by setting the curb vibration settings to 0% in FFB settings think it have something to do with the FFB and ffb spikes..
    So after that it is less noticeable and now it is more like a shake than a total screen flip to 4fps then back.
    Since you have other settings in FFB that respond to tiers you will still feel the curbs so nothing's really lost from turning that to 0%
    Hope that help you too, as it have for me ;)

Edit : and I don't avoid those curbs anymore and that is awesome :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mich, setting the curb vibration down helped a bit. Made it more manageable. After the ffb update I tried a different approach. In that I set the cockpit movement from 0 to 5 then 10. And strangely enough, that made a bigger difference. It's like it gave the game a different way to respond to the rumble strip. Anyway kinda wondering if anyone else with similar problems could try this and see if it helps them as well. Or am I nuts. :confused:o_O :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Damn weird I've had this happen as well as couple of times while on nordschleife. I thought it was a random things but I didn't attribute to curbs. Just thought it was a weird random glitch. Steering wheel goes back and forth but I think its part of my reaction to the strange reaction to the onscreen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome, I did the same with cockpit movement that made a nice difference,thanks for the tip ;)

• Like Like x 1