Welcome Macau/WTCC 2014, goodbye social life.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r-r-public, Jun 21, 2015.

1. r-r-public

r-r-public Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Hello Sector3, hello community.

First a little off topic. The new transmission model is a blast to drive with and pushes the immersion to a whole new level. The first time I recognized (dev stream) you're going to implement new sound effects like suspension squeaks, I couldn't believe my ears. Long time ago I watched some YouTube footage, onboard GT3 and I heard that squeaks and thought how cool it would be if R3E also had this. And now you just added it. The love and all the little details you put in this game are outstanding and I can't describe with words how much I appreciate it. I was never as excited as now what your next big steps are, because you doing things I only was dreaming of and never thought to see/hear/play it in a video game.

But now the reason I wanted to create this thread: Macau and the WTCC 2014 pack.

If you think you've seen R3E's beauty, you really should try a run in Macau at sunrise. Sector3, are you kidding me? I don't even try to describe what you're able to see there, my english is not good enough. You've to do it on your own. Macau is the first track where I can't decide which Time Of Day setting is the most beautiful, they're all extremely good looking. Believe me, if you've set your monitor settings right (I own a THX-display), it looks just a blink away from reality while driving. If you had a good run with one of your favorite cars in Macau, you need to watch the replay of it with the bumper cam where only the street is visible. It looks AND SOUNDS like a video of a professional race car driver. I did this with the R8 today and it almost gave me goosebumps (goosebumps is the synonym for: wet pants). I don't recommend the normal replay cameras because they kill the else perfect look of Macau quite a bit. Not all trackside objects of Macau are that good looking in replay (cars, low res textures on some buildings [windows], lack of content/details beside the course etc.) and you shouldn't destroy your opinion of R3E's else phenomenal graphics.

The 6th gear right corner scares to hell out of me and I'm glad it's only a game with the option to turn off damage. But it's fun as hell when you managed to take the corner the right way and not hitting the wall at the exit. Then put the pedal to the metal and enjoy the engine sound just to hit the brake pedal hard a few seconds later. This track is a really enjoyable mixture of long straights and tight, varying sections. I love it!

I own the WTCC 2013 pack as well but never spend much time on it. This has completely changed with the WTCC 2014 pack. My focus is on the Citroen, WHAT A SOUND! But the other cars are also fun. Even the front wheel drive doesn't bother me. I think Sector3 nailed it with this release. The physics are plausible, the sound is lifelike and the FFB feels amazing (like on all content). I'm still amazed how good the FFB is, I can feel the weight of the cars and the information you get is great.

It's quite possible that I'll run only one track for a long time: Macau. I was very excited for this track and it didn't disappoint.

Thank you, Sector3.

Best regards
    Robert

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015