Question What am i doing wrong

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by not4lent, Mar 3, 2022.

1. not4lent

not4lent New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey,
    Im new to r3e and sim racing.
    I was playing the community monday event (qualification for race).
    After some grind i saw that even place 200 was 5 sec ahead of me.
    Now i dont know what im doing wrong. Like if i need to exercise more or if i need a different setup
    (it may sound weird but i play with two joysticks)
    Or if you maybe have any advices (i hope this here is the right forum)
    Or if i have to change some things in "car setup" (i havent changed anything there)
    Info: i drive with the bmw, most of the time tc level #6, automatic transition, best lap time (01.34.099).
    Now if this is the wrong forum for it im really sorry

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Without more information, it's hard to tell. We could probably tell you where to improve if you record a video of one of your laps.

The setup should be fixed in this competition, so you can't change stuff there anyway.

Apart from that, you could take a look at hotlaps of other drivers to see what they're doing differently:

3. not4lent

not4lent New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, i could send a replay. Recording wouldnt go, as i have an intel uhd.

4. not4lent

not4lent New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here,
    not my best lap. but basic. how i drive it starts from 0.17min - 2.26.5min

Attached Files:

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I'll take a look at it later.

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The first thing I noticed is that you're actually not reaching 100% throttle input on the straights and 100% brake input under braking. I'm not sure how your joysticks are set up, but I think you can fix this by increasing the upper dead zones for both throttle and brake axes. There's a tool in the game called "Input Meter" which you activate by binding a key to that function in the settings menu and then pressing that key while driving. You can see your inputs there and make sure that the throttle and brake bars are completely filled when you move your joysticks accordingly.

I would also recommend to use more traction control. In your case, you could try using preset #3 or #4 depending on the car.

Apart from that, you should focus on improving your driving: You're using too much steering input in the turns. It seems like you're pushing the joystick completely to the left or to the right which causes your car to understeer. You need to be more careful and smoother in the turns. At the corner exit, you're on the throttle too late. With more traction control, you can be a lot more aggressive when accelerating. Last but not least, you should use the full width of the track because you can carry a lot more speed through the turns that way.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2