Question What is "Grid Positions" in Dedicated Server control menu?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by J.Simonds, Mar 5, 2021.

1. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    What is "Grid Positions" in Dedicated Server control menu? I see where I can load the leaderboard entries for a given track... but why, what use does it serve? Does it show up for the end user that logs into my server??

Is there a guide to the settings for the DedServ ?

thanks!!

( i have searched this forum for this info and came up empty)

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    It allows you to set grid positions based on something other than a qualifying session set directly before the race itself.

The leaderboard option allows you to specify a team name. So you could have an "offline" qualifying session for your event where everyone sets a lap on the LB using a car/track combo and team name you specify. You set your server to load the LB times by everyone using that team name and, voila, you have your grid.

The other option presumably just lets you set the grid order based on a previous race or qualifying session which was not necessarily part of the current event. Last week's race perhaps, or if you're running a realistic race weekend you could have qualy on Saturday and the race on Sunday.

Unfortunately not, at least nothing remotely recent. You have to dig through individual patch announcements to work out what most new features do, and even then it isn't always clear. A proper updated DS guide would be rather helpful.

3. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Where was I supposed to be able to learn this... I found no info on this tool anywhere? huh...

THANKS for the answer!

• Like Like x 1