What would love to see: New "Car Class" with Road Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haris1977, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Greetings!

What i would like to see (apart from day to night transition, rain effects etc - as other members have already stated in other posts here and i too think it is a must) in RRE is a new "car class" with road cars (like subaru impreza, mitshubishi evo, peugeot 208 rc, mercedes amg etc). Those cars should be with factory defaults (shofter suspensions, lack of roll cages etc) and not with racing equipment.

Anyone shares the same thought?

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I wish you luck with this post.
    Some of the elders on here are not big fans of "wish lists" as they describe them.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Can't see this ever happening. It's not really what raceroom is all about.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I had this thought once, too, but i'm kind of glad that these cars don't exist in raceroom. I would also love to go for a spin in my spongy french familyship in Zandvoort. Or whip my first car - a Scirocco 1 - around Mount Panorama. But I would be the only one who would find that funny. 90 percent of you guys would never touch these cars - let alone spend money on them. It would also be the start of the most gigantic wish list of all time. "Why dont you bring my MX5 in?" "why is my 350z not in the game yet?"... and so on.
    I think it's good how sector 3 focus their manpower on other things. I can't judge how much sweat and time goes into developing a new vehicle, but it's certainly a huge effort.
    The nice thing is there are alternative titles in which normal road cars can be driven. partly by the developer or also as mods.
    But to be honest - and that's just my personal opinion - this kind of vehicles don't make me want to race. And that's what it's all about: RACING.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ok, it was just my thought :)

So we should stay on future addons like day to night transitions and/or weather effects (rain, etc). But i guess we will wait more for those..

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i guess you have read the hundreds of threads on the day night , weather transitions ,
    this wont happen until a suitible way of doing it is found , that doesnt take away from the physics, ffb and other aspects of the immersion has been found

Andi

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yes have read almost all of those threads.

And yes i totally agree with you. Day/night transitions and rainy effects should only come as an add-on (bonus) without ruining any of the experience. At this stage, the only game with good transitions and good rain effects is PC2 (but i only use f/w cars as i do not like the physics of the rest r/w cars..) and of course ACC..

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    day/night wheather etc.....:confused:
    Fair enough it would be nice add on but hey that should be the bottom last to do list.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad R3E has never put any focus on road cars. There are already games out there that cover that pretty well for those interested, such as the GT series. In most sims they're little more than a novelty feature. It's mildly interesting being able to take a car you see on the streets every day to a race track, but they're never as much fun to drive as proper racing cars and never provide particularly good racing either. I hated the road cars in AC for that reason, and think the time and effort would have been much better spent with a tighter focus on fleshing out racing classes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2