Bug Wheel and pedal assignments delete every time I change rims

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by jamesleegte, Oct 31, 2019.

1. jamesleegte

jamesleegte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have the Fanatec csl elite wheel base and csl load cell pedals. I have two rims the Fanatec P1 round wheel and the McLaren wheel and connected to them I have the fanatec shifter and handbrake.
    I use the P1 and shifter for my sequential profile and the McLaren for my paddle profile.
    Every time I change the rim, both my profiles lose all the wheel, pedal and gearing assignments. This isn’t a game breaker as I simply re map steering, pedals, gearing, reset VR, pause, P2P etc etc. The keyboard button mapping never gets deleted and I can’t figure out why devices assignments do?
    It’s really annoying that whenever I change rim, I have to go back into controller profiles every time and re map all non keyboard assignments.
    Does anyone else have this issue and know of a fix, or are sector 3 aware of this weird bug?
    Many thanks

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    its not a bug

whats happening is , is the game is recognizing the wheel not the base , (seeing as most of the brain is in the wheel)
    solution is make two controller files , one for each rim , this way the game will or should load up the correct one , or at least tell you to switch

Andi