Problem Wheel settings will not stay in the game.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Trying to get my wheel to just turn 180 degrees. 90 degrees to the left and 90 degrees to the right in the game, on the track. When I adjust it in Thrustmaster (T 150), it works. When I check it out in the "test zone" of "advance settings" it works. But, when I go into a game, on the track, it's 220 degrees to the right and 220 degrees to the left. Then I go back to test zone and Thrustmaster "the game" as change the wheel settings back to 220 degrees to the right and left. Is there something I am doing wrong or something I do not understand?

Can someone help me out?

"Nash"

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Set the steering rotation to 180 degrees in the car setup page. You'll have to do it for all cars. But......why????? Why would you want to limit your rotation to that?

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    If youre physically unable to turn the wheel much further than 90 degrees to each side it might be useful to turn down the degrees (and perhaps steering lock as well so the car doesnt become too aggressive)

4. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    ravey1981, easer for a person that only uses one hand to steer. I know how in multiplayer, but do not know in Single Event or Competitions.

Nico, "down the degrees"? "steering lock"? I do not know how outside of multiplayer (car setup).

I can turn it further but i am slow and harder for me. I would think that working in Thrustmaster would be expectable for RRE. Doesn't RRE work with Wheel manufacturers settings?

"Nash"

5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    There are 3 wheel related settings on the top right in the car setup menu. This works in all game modes and even if the rest of the car setup is locked as it is in some competitions for example. Dont know precisely what those 3 settings are called but i think something along the lines of "degrees of rotation", "steering lock" and "ffb multiplier". The first two are the ones i was referencing. If you set the "degrees of rotation" to 180 then that should do what youre looking for. Youll have to do that on each car individually tho as ravey said. Regarding "steering lock" im no expert either but if you drastically reduce the degrees of rotation without changing the steering lock the car will react more directly and aggressively. You can reduce the steering lock to counteract that a bit. However if you set it too low youll have trouble getting through tight corners so i wouldnt neccessarily go for extreme values on that one

6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Give me a path. Were is it in the game. I only know car setup in multiplayer. And or using car set up in multiplayer for Competitions and Single Event. If I understand you right.

"Nash"

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Whenever youve loaded a session (multiplayer, competition, leaderboard, single event, training or whatever) and youre in the garage then you should see "drive" at the top and below that is the "car setup". If you click on that youll see the wheel settings i was talking about in the top right corner

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Nico, thanks for showing me the path to car set ups. I tired wheel setting on three cars. When I was in "car set up" the wheel worked like I wanted it to with adjusting "steering lock" and "steering angle". But when I clicked on Race and Continue in Single Event, championship and leaderboards the settings went back to default on the track. Then I went back to car set up the setting I wanted were put back in the wheel. On the track the wheel go's default. Go back to car set up my settings are there. So I saved my settings to a file, but that did not help. I was thinking I have to save my settings some how. What am I going wrong? The Canhard would not take my settings even in "Car set up". FRJ and Vista would hold the settings until I got on the track.

"Nash"

9. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Then i unfortunately dont know what else you could try either

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Even the lowest values like 8-10 work fine. You'd need 10 only for the tightest corners; usually 8-9 are enough for most tracks.

11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Nash, I have no ideas either, just wanted to note that these wheel settings for each car (those that you change on "Car setup" page) are stored in .uvm files in this folder: Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\

They are saved automatically, so you don't need to do anything to save them.

12. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Back to Racing from vacation. Still trying to get the settings to stick when I go to the track. Just having no luck.

"Nash"