Wheel strange behave

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meitza75, May 2, 2016.

1. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello there... I'm using a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Alcantara and I have some issues here. I've made some settings for my wheel as well as I could and I can say that everything worked fine till the last R3E update. After that the car feels ok just for one single lap and after that it becomes more Light în terms of ffb, in corners it slepes, it feels a big dead zone and I simply don't know why... I've tested that cars bahave în DTM 15 and ADAC 2014 and the result is the same... I can't set the previous times no way and the pace is far away from what I was used and capable to set in a race. What should I do?

2. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Have you deleted your profile? start again

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No, i did not... So, i understand here that after every New game major update i should delete my controler profile and create new one? I'm new on this platform and I don't know all this aplications... Thx

4. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yes that is correct

5. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And because of that i was so mad about... So simple... Thx... Any good settings for T300 Ferrari Alcantara Edition, or close to that?

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    There's a thread dedicated to wheel configs but no better way than taking the time and setting the wheel up yourself, so easy with the new ffb meter, I have the same base and wheel and I've only tinkered with the settings a very small amount from default, wheel feel is personal man! ;)

7. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yap, that's right, but still it would matter for me some guide. I have to admit that i don't have that extra pacience to take it little by little and would be better to create from some point. Thx man. I've searced here for a setup but didn't find it. For me, starting with the default settings was a mess, didn't fel the car right at all.... As a personal preference i set the ffb to 135-145,and as far as I remember the default value îs much way under 100...and it's like you've said, must be personal but somethimes some ideas help.
    Thx... And maybe you can give me some of yours and see what's happening.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  8. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I will try and post my TX settings later if that's any help.

9. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    K... Thx

10. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    That wheel is a great set, I bought a T300 + T3PA just before the Alcantara set was announced.

I use the stock setting but have increased the vertical load to 100-140, smoothing to 0.
    Before the last patch I tweaked a lot of settings but now default its really good.
    For the brake pedal I have tweaked the deadzone/sensitivity (around 80/90%) so that the max brake point is when hitting the rubber stopper.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  11. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    These are my current settings with the TX wheel, anything else is changed in game with the ffb muliplyer.

Attached Files:

12. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yap man it is really a great wheel set...i,ve sold my previous T300RS and bought this one specialy for the pedals but also the 30mm rim.So you are sayn that after the last update the default set is almost the right one but i do like to feel the wheel a bit stronger,the shift about 40 and that would be some of what i,ve set...about the brake sensitivity i think is a good choice to feel the bottom exactly on the ruber con.
    I,ve played some multiplayer DTM 15 races and i saw how the player could get me in straight and corners instead i know i am doing the right drive line and gear,get the apex in the right way...i don,t know...i,m aware that i,m not the top but to loose 4 sec/lap is too much,something is not right about setings...Anyway,thanks a lot for the the ideas and maybe keep in touch

13. meitza75

meitza75 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thanks man...i will see about your setting and finally get some good ones...thx a lot!

14. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I have a T300 and it's plugged in via usb to my main pc. If I leave it plugged in between sessions, when I start up my pc it doesn't calibrate. It will calibrate the first time when it's plugged in but not after. I have usb mains powered hub which you have to switch on and when the wheel is plugged into that, it calibrates everytime. Should I unplug my wheel from the main pc between sessions so it calibrates everytime or is it normal for it not to calibrate if I leave it plugged in. I had a TX last year with a different pc and that would calibrate every time when it was left plugged in. Hope someone can help cheers.

15. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    sessions of what? the wheel calibrate itself when you power on the pc (or you connect the wheel).

if the tx calibrate itself between qualy and race (sessions?) the strange thing was this behaviour.

i have the t300.

16. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Maybe your motherboard is not turning off powering of USB when you turn off computer. Usually there's a setting in BIOS for that (forgot the name, but can find it if you want).
    I always unplug my TS-PC Racer cause even with computer shuted down I ear one of the two fans from the wheel.