Question When can we expect ADAC 2016 :D ?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sharp, May 25, 2017.

1. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    As the title says.

2. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Aren't you the chap complaining about how expensive the R3E content is?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    If you have nothing to say, could you please say nothing then?

It wasn't complaining although a simple mind sees a question as complaining.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    That's quite deep self-analysis; you recognise that my question was not complaining, and yet you are still upset by it. ;)

The question remains valid though: Aren't you the chap complaining about how expensive the R3E content is?

Maybe you changed your mind, or just got a promotion. Maybe you were just in a grumpy mood when you posted about the relative costs of R3E/AC - I know all about grumpy moods, believe me:)

Anyway, I was just having a friendly mock. Please don't be too offended.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I did ask why raceroom is more expensive then AC. I mean one car with liveries for 7eu isn't particularly cheap is it? But people explained a lot in the other thread.

I don't feel offended but it's annoying how a question gets linked to complaining on the internet.

Lol that twisted sentence about simple mindedo_O

6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Have they promised the adac 2016 at all or it is just obvious that they should?

7. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I have the ADAC 2015 and it is excellent.
    I can understand wanting to wait until the 2016 version is out, to get 'up-to-date' driver names. It's silly, but I much prefer the WTCC 2016 because of the names, even though I know they are just AI (Not in my imaginary world!)
    For the series where I am unfamiliar with the drivers, I find myself making up their first names for my internal commentary.

Hmmmm, maybe you weren't so far off assuming my simple-mindedness! :confused:

But to address your original point, Devs don't like to give release dates away to early, or in too much concrete, cos people get upset when a release date slips. R3E seem to be pretty good in this respect though.

8. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, just wondering.

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, but you know that in ADAC16 the new Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Corvette GT3's were introduced? (together with the new Huracan and Porsche 911 GT3 which aren't on the "Licensed"-List from Raceroom)

So it wouldn't be just up-to-date-Names and Liveries, it would be new Car-Models, too...

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I didn't know that.
    I don't really follow motor sport any more.:eek:

I drive the cars that mostly do as I ask and look good.

11. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Well, we've got Bentley, M6, Nissan and Z06 as Content.
    But the cars actually battling for the championship are totally missing: R8 LMS, C07, AMG, 911, Huracan.

I can speak only for myself but I would only buy an originally licenced product if it contains the full originally used content plus the official regulations.
    I see this is not realistic right now, so I would skip the ADAC16 pack anyway. Don't get me wrong: I am a total fan of GT Masters and watch every single race live. But simulating only half of the series does not make any sense to me.
    Releasing the old 2016 pack when the original 2017 series is already half way through diesn't attract me either.
    Well, Just my opinion ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0

6 out of 28 car entrys isn't "half of the series"

We get the new Audi and AMG GT3 and Corvette. So we only would miss 3 huracans and 3 porsches.
    Wasn't a problem in the last gt masters packs...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Quicksilver

Quicksilver New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What does that mean exactly? Of course it was a problem in the last packs if you expected it to include all the cars and drivers from the series it is based on.

What's the point of simulating a series if two brands are missing anyway? That is why i love the DTM packs, all cars, all drivers, all tracks.

regards
    Quicksilver

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    it means it's better to have 22 of the 28 drivers and cars in the pack than no pack at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Generally speaking its also better to have 3 wheels attached to a car than none.
    But it doesn't make you happy anyway.:p

I am unsure if driver swap and weight penalties are supported since the removal of the experiences. Minimum Pitstop time is there fore sure.

16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Both are still there with the ADAC GT Masters rule presets.

• Like Like x 1