Resolved When I launch RaceRoom Vr The Screen Is Black

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lachie, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Lachie

Lachie New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

For some reason when I launch RaceRoom in vr the game is just a black screen. Its a plain black screen on both my monitor and my headset. It plays fine normally but when I try vr Its just a black screen.

If anybody knows why this is happening or how to fix please let me know!

2. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Hey, had another guy with this issue and it turned out the menus were behind him. Start the game normally and bind a button to VR Reset Position.

Then start the game in VR mode and press that button. Hopefully it's the same issue as the other guy had and this will solve it.

3. Lachie

Lachie New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tried doing that but It didn't fix the issue. But I also saw the "display vr menu on monitor" option. I assigned that to the "T" key and when I launched the game in the vr I just pressed the "T" key and was able to navigate the menu's on my monitor. The game works great now!

Thanks! Also the game is really fun in vr so keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Not an ideal solution but if it works it works! :D

5. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Can you tell Me where i can find the display monitor option ... I cant seem to find it

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Somewhere in the Controller-Settings where you can assign Buttons there is an option called "Mirror Screen" or "Mirror Display" (something like that).

You should assign a Button to that and a Button to Reset Viewing-Position. Sometimes, especially if you move your Seating-Position in you Room for example, it can happen that the Menu will be displayed somewhere out of your view. Than simply press that Reset-Button and the menu will show up in front of you.

• Informative Informative x 1