Which GTR-3 should R3E get next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JorritVD, May 10, 2018.

?

Which GTR3 should come next to R3E?

1. Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3

28 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Bentley Continental GT3

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Ferrari 488 GT3

46 vote(s)
    44.2%
  4. Honda NSX GT3

19 vote(s)
    18.3%
  5. Lamborghini Huracán GT3

42 vote(s)
    40.4%
  6. Lexus RC F GT3

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  7. Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I think right now we have a good number of GT3, and while we always want our favourite car at this point I rather than focus on new classes and expanding older ones such as GT4, GTE and some newer prototypes as well as the new TCR's that are coming soonish I hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Went for the Aston (Let Anthony Monteil get his lugholes round that V12) and the Ferrari (just because............) there are quite a few GT3's available at this time in RR, unfortunately, several are a tad long in the tooth. So a refresh, as in the new Bentley, Nissan etc, in line with the Corvette, Merc and Porsche (RUF) added recently (at a good discount to the heavily invested), wouldn't go amiss.
    Personally I would like to see the GT4's next (here's hoping it's taking so long because there are so many cars to model). followed by the WTCR series, not necessarily because I particularly like FWD (more fun than expected) but they're coming whatever, so the sooner the better.
    After all that, along with 3 tracks on the way, plus all the proposed new features, any wish lists are pie in the sky and with S3's new tight lipped approach to releases, your best bet is to wear your lucky underpants at the beginning of each month and see what arrives.
    Not sure which is the most frustrating, knowing what's coming but feeling like you'll be dead or daft before it arrives or not knowing what the f**k is going on at all. :confused: Either way, contemporary Sim racing is frustrating, full stop, always seem to be waiting for sodding something!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    none ... GT4 class, more classic and exotic stuff (like Trans-Am or Truck Racing for example) because we need more variety

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Kai Schneckenburger

Kai Schneckenburger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    R3E should regain DTM license ;-)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Because the GT3 is a base on which you can build something really good. Make 1 thing phantastic rather than 4 things ok.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    But make 4 things fantastic is even better ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I rather have more variety than keep expanding that one class. There is more in motorsports than just GT3, despite I absolutely love GT3s.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking -like there are different DTM eras- that instead of only adding newer GT3s in a one-whole pack, maybe thinking/setting the different generations in different groups: Currently, there are models from 2007 (Mustang) to 2013 (Corvette Z06..) then 2017 (current porche 911..)
    Personally I enjoy much taking the Mustang or the Corvette Z06 for a race, but in mp, I find myself almost alone surrended by a mainstream of Porches, MacLaren, AMG.. a few Callaways... but not much 1rst generation cars, like if they were kinda obsolete..
    Puting some cars together (and adding cars of the related era, i.e: Viper :) could help these cars to have a more interesting space, especially in mp.
    what do you think?

10. tw1st

tw1st Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I'm very new in the R3E-scene but can we expect new GT3-Cars after the 24h Nürburgring race last weekend? Or maybe some new liveries?

11. JorritVD

JorritVD Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I agree. ofcourse we don't know which liveries are coming, but for my taste it is going a bit slow on the GT3 part. The McLaren 650S only has 2015/2016, but no 2017/2018 liveries. They could at least add my SpArt Strakka livery from 2017 24h of Spa :p Same with the M6 GT3, Bentley, etc. Creating a livery is not the most time consuming thing, especially for pro people, but i think getting the licenses costs a lost of time. Strange thing though as I am trying to contact RaceRoom, because I want to check if my clients' and contacts' liveries can get into the game, but I just almost not get any reply.

+1, just i think the only issue with this is, is that it would be very difficult to get the license from the older cars. I think brands only want give license for their current new cars, as that products they are selling now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'd rather less classes and more focus.

TCR, GT3 and two or three other classes given full attention...well, I would have no need to play any other racing sim.

I don't know the numbers but I guess GT3, WTCC and DTM are the most used classes in the game. From a commercial perspective it pays to put your energies into the content people want to use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Lambo just for the sound but no one would say no to all of them :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. headder

headder Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Huracan GT3 sounds the same as AUDI R8 LMS GT3 ;) You can even compare onboards, they're the same.

Instead of another GT3, I would love to see GT500 cars like actual LEXUS RCF or NISSAN GTR etc :) Ohhh....

15. JorritVD

JorritVD Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    That sounds cool to. A SuperGT GT500 class (or in RaceRoom terms, GTR500). And with that racing the GT500 cars together with the DTM class. An interesting way to get the more asian customers for the game. In the same way GT300 cars could be added to the GTR3 class, like the BRZ, Evora, Prius.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. headder

headder Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just imagine the sound of those GT500 beasts in R3E. Taking into consideration that the R3E audio sphere is the best on the simracing market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Not until we have an "ai-selector" please.

That's the reason why I loved GTR2 so much. A full championship with correct rules and details gives so much immersion.
    Even the correct number and date of every session in a race weekend is an important detail.

• Like Like x 1
  18. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Holy shit , JTCC cars are so sexy . Discovered them today . Another one :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member