Which R3E Tracks you like least ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Feb 18, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Had the idea yesterday but matteman brought me just back to it ;)....
    To keep it simple three tracks might be enough to name and for not being negative you can also add your most favorite tracks as well ;)

Mine are :

Slovakiaring: Puts me to sleep -is it a Tielke Layout ? Find them all pretty boring . Best Tracks for me are still the "natural grown" classics.
    Eurospeedway Lausitz : Actually same question (Tielke related), Mickeymouse-Track that has no rythm at all, so that can`t read it. Thought it is because it is anti-clockwise but on the other hand I love Interlagos.
    Moscow: Very demanding Mickeymouse-Track (anti-clockwise) I don't really like for similar reasons as Lausitzring.
    Well yes and Indianapolis - know it well from other sims but generally I don`t like Oval-Infield courses it seems.
    Only track I still don`t own.
    Edit: Portimao btw. I´m somewhere between like and dislike...(haven`t practiced enough)

Favorites (thats hard cause all other Tracks I really like), but okay :

Bathurst (whenever someones online at , I´m there !)
    Zandvoort (even after dozens of online sessions its still thrilling!)
    Brand Hatch (Indy - a natural grown Mickeymouse Track - but what a blast ! Somehow underrated ?)
    Suzuka (no further comment ;) )
    Mid Ohio (don`t understand why its so rarely in use - try it out with DTM 13/Chevy Protos or another fast series -WOW!)
    Laguna Seca (no further comment ;))
    and the rest of it (find them all more or less equal to each other)

Would be interesting to see what priorities you guys have...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Eurospeedway Lausitz ,
    Indianapolis.
    Norisring.
    I am not trying to offend anyone.
    This Doesn't mean i don't like them at all it is just that they are my least favorite.:p

3. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    My least favorites are Norisring and probably Indianapolis. I dont own Indianapolis but I never really liked it in any racing games. My favorite one is definately Mid Ohio together with Zandvoort. Zolder, Laguna Seca and Bathurst sure look fun, but I dont own those. (yet). So much fun to drive with GT2 and WTCC cars!

4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Norisring - I don't mind short tracks, they can be fun, but unlike Brands Hatch Indy, Norisring is rather dull. I can tolerate it but I rarely race there out of choice.

Oschersleben - It's not a bad track at all, just one that I really struggle to find a rhythm on. An irrational dislike I guess.

Indianapolis Road - many of these oval infield tracks are characterless and this is no exception.

Favourites would be Spielberg, Hockenheim and Zolder. Not necessarily the best circuits but the ones I regularly get good racing on. Porrimao isn't often mentioned but for a new track I think it's fantastic. Very refreshing design.

Oh, and Brands would be on the favourites list if the GP layout was present. How anyone can use the term Mickey Mouse track in the same sentence is beyond me.

5. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Must be Moscow and Lausitzring for me. For reasons already mentioned.

In my opinion Norisring is great for close racing with cars like DTM 92.

6. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Definitely Monza!

My favourite track is Norisring, 'cause it's my home-track, makes fun to drive, and you have always good fights.

7. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yep, Monza is a bit worn out cause it is pratically part of every decent racinggame and surely not the most interesting track out there - though (as for many more wide tracks with a simple Layout) it is a good Track for Multiplayer races and despite my resentments I really had some awesome races there...

8. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Monza is great with formula 1 cars, it's just too big for the cars in R3E, in my opinion.

9. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    When you`ll find it you will love it, I guarantee, James, needs just a proper setup and a very clear racing line ...
    Had the same struggle but after the enlightment came...:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I love Norisring, one of the main things that convinced me to spend money on R3E to begin with!

Least favourite ones are probably Monza (amazing track, but I always suck at it!), Lautizring (I can't even learn to spell it) and Brands Hatch Indy (just because I always want to turn left and go over the hill).

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Most faved ones
    - Bathurst (love the elevation layout and the "rally feeling")
    - Monza (fast and tricky chicanes!)
    - Zolder (I think this has the best flow among all the tracks)
    - Zandvoort (really raw and aggressive track)
    - When Brands Hatch GP layout will be added, well... that's gonna be added here; on top of the list!

Not so much liked
    - Portimao (I really liked it originally but then, I don't know, I started to feel a bit "meh")
    - Sachsen (too many blind turns! well... it's a whole blind turn track!)
    - Laguna (too much technical for my liking but I do realize it is a spectacular track)

12. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    - Indianapolis
    - Brands Hatch Indy
    (- Portimao, the track is ok but I hate this last corner :D )

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    -monza should be banned and possibly nuked to stop it being added to anymore good sims to steal 90% of the online traffic

but favorites are zandvoort and bathurst (of course)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Well that's a bit harsh isn't it :)
    But I get your point, monza is a big sucker for online traffic.. I wish more would race Zandvoort and mid ohio :( had an amazing multiplayer race in WTCC on Zandvoort earlier today.

15. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    My absolutely favourites so far:
    Zandvoort
    Mid Ohio
    Suzuka
    Bathurst

I don't like Norisring too much because of layout. And Moscow because It has very poor performance on my rig.

16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Forgot to mention Hungaroring as one of my top tracks. Love that circuit, it's intense.

17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the question is why isn't the dtm92 zandvoort server full 24/7

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My favourite is Bathurst
    All the rest are my least favourite :D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Because not everyone has '92 :| including me xD

20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Brands Hatch has got to be one of my least favorite tracks in any game I have played. The indy layout just feels dull to me, with little ability to get any good racing in. It's just not really a good track that promotes lots of passing and actual racing. Hotlapping on it is alright, but Im not a fan of the up and down corners in it that feel like they go on all day :p

I dislike Laguna Seca as well simply because I dont care much for the aesthetic and atmosphere surrounding the actual track. It's not much fun to be staring off into the dessert during a race. Trees, trackside objects, mountains, rivers... those are all a blast to drive next to. lol

Lastly, of tracks in the game, Slovakiaring is definitely not my go-to track. It feels far too wide and forgiving for any tense action. Once you slow down a bit for a corner and realize you could have taken it at much higher speed because the corner exit is so wide, and the actual turn so smooth, that you could have gone much faster... meh.

There are a lot of amazing tracks for some wonderful racing in this game though. I definitely have to give a shoutout to the Devs for making the RaceRoom Raceway track and its variety of layouts. That is actually an awesome track to do some racing or hotlapping on, and every time I go on the bridge layout and pass over the bridge, and hear all of the stellar sounds surrounding my ears... man, what a pleasure.