Who has the best racing sim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GregoryLeo, Dec 21, 2016.

1. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    True, though the same could be said for iceRacing. Dunno about the others.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Nah its the same there .lol . Just when people talk one Sim up against others and look blindly at one i just want to open there eyes that not one is perfect and i think all Sim makers should team up and create a Super Sim .
    Imagine a Sim with Visuals of pCars but antialiasing of R3E a tyre model and Ai from rFactor 2 , Physics from AMS and a bit of FFB from all (not sure what we could take from AC? maybe road cars) and content from all . Come on Guys look at each other Sims and make a Hybrid .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Just bought the Porsche Packs for AC and give it a try again, after i was sick about it and switched over to R3E.

Hm, what to say?
    I think it made a huge step forward. Love the cockpits, the graphics (my eyes get wet if i saw the dirty car after a couple of rounds), sound not bad, driving imersion ok.

I would like to have both mingled together.

Made a single race in Brands only with GT3 (Lambo, AMG, 650 and so on) and it was really great. I think i stay there for the next couple of weeks. Really was surprised...

• Like Like x 1
  4. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    iRacing, why? Cars actually feel real. Best online mode, most online players, best 3-Screen support, good cockpits, many events and races, good graphics (DX11 and they add new settings in almost every update), night races, good FFB. Yes it cost money, Sim-Racing isn't cheap, If I can buy Sim Hardware worth 1600€ then that shouldn't be a problem at all.

I started with AC, but that feels so wrong and easy now, I also don't like the FFB. RRRE isn't bad but it doesn't have the online part I want from iRacing and the 3-Screen support is just super bad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    iRacing is getting the Porsches now, too.

6. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I've never been able to justify the price of iRacing. Not with so many other sims out there. Plus, I'm pretty much a single player guy. I truly don't have the time required to be good enough for multiplayer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Agree completely on the iracing point.

As for the bollox about being good enough for multiplayer (reads not fast enough), you dont have to be the fastest or the bestest or any of that shit, just be fair and honest, dont be lazy and use the guy in front as a brake cause you know he`s faster into a corner, your not alone, there are plenty of guys online who obviously have little or no experience racing against real people, some you can see make an effort to race and are improving week\month on week\month, and make an impression when you see the improvement after a break or week or two away from the game, even supposed KB players racing and putting a few decent "loud" superior wheel users to shame, im far from alien speeds (too fkin old) but im fast, and typically fair as long as your fair with me.

And thats the point, if your fair, they are, we are, everyone is fair (read, the majority are fair) and all is good, get online n race, i guarantee after a little effort and a few races against real people you will be wondering why you ever wasted your time racing the AI when real people can and do offer so much more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  8. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I just raced Zandvoort with touring cars in Assetto Corsa and then in RRE.
    What can I say. Assetto Corsa, especially with this graphic mod I found, is truly beautiful. The dynamic lighting is a different league to directx 9 games like RRE. The cars handling is very realistic, the FFB very detailed, the AI is sophisticated.

Everything was great and yet I was bored. And then I switched to RRE and it was super fun. I don't know why that is. Something about RRE is very fun, maybe because it's more "game"y than AC.

9. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I think because RRE is more Motorsport!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Whatever you want to call it, it's definitely geared toward entertainment.

11. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    AC doesn't have the trackside ambiance, it's a small thing, but it does a lot for the feeling of being there during a race weekend and not some random track day. Sound goes a long way too, I know I grin a lot more when I drive a car Fonsecker has modded the sound for in AC than otherwise. Meanwhile R3E, good sounds across the board(Minus perhaps one or two cars).

12. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    AC dropped the quality on the last dlc. Porsche GT3 R made very crooked in physics. On default settings, rear wing at maximum???!!! How was it possible to make a legendary car so bad? RRE Ruf gt3 made much better!