Who says there are no good races at Open Servers ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Jul 25, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Tonite was the the night like Dexter might say, cause I had some real thrilling races with DTM 13 (Finally again ! :Beneath G5 modern DTM is my absolute favorite) on various tracks and with a bunch good drivers of all kind (fast and not so fast ones) incl. some befriended ones I know from other sessions. Just felt sry for those who had chosen DTM 92 (was with Multiclass option) smelling at the exhausting pipes the whole races...:)
    Just wanna say a big thx to all who were participating cause even those who had a bit to struggle with their cars have shown a good overview and behaved gentlemen-like.
    Hope to meet you guys again some other night ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    That's brilliant but in sharp contrast I entered a 30min race at the very last minute, so I started plum last in a grid of about 18 drivers at Suzuka. Got a great start and avoided the inevitable carnage at T1...just. R.Winkler was there and his pace was good at the front so I wanted to make haste before he scampered away. By lap 2 I was in 3rd behind Brucke, who was also running well but caught to within a second, and stayed there for a while. By now all but 5 had left the race, Brucke and myself approached a very slow back marker that took him (Brucke) out at the shicane ruining our race... They then inevitably left and the parked up stray, leaving just myself and Winkler and about 12 secs gap to fight it out. I was enjoying the chase. We were even on pace (it's I shame I didn't make quali) but he then left with 8 mins to go leaving me on my own..on the whole I'm not to bothered about people leaving, but it's obviously a shame when everyone does.

It is possible to have to have a good race but really rare. Sounds like you had a good night..

3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I was in one of those races on Hockenheim, nice race!
    You are really fast with these newer DTM cars @Fairman , I didn't even see you on there!!.. . :)

I also did a really good WTCC 2014 race after that on Shanghai with 6 other dudes.
    A close race from start to finish, with many door to door battles and only minor incidents.
    True, fair driving gents!!

I must say that R3E has the best open server MP players I have ever experienced in any other game!! By far!

4. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Hepp (always forget your R3E name Mr. Petterson :) ) saw you and Magnus last minute but was just too late to say hello :)...always nice to have a bunch of friends with you..

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0

Can only agree, it gets turbulent from time to time but I had many great races already, think I was in the Noris one Fairman mentioned.

Only problem I face quite some times is that I'm too slow for the top dogs but too fast for the casual/regular/not so fast/*insertnonoffendingwordforslow* drivers and I end up racing alone. 4 seconds to the top, 5 seconds in front of next dude... which actually is one of the reasons I sometimes leave early cause then I can simply do some lb-challenges and have my times posted.

6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Agree, but it helps if you have a chance to see them.. . :p

7. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You name it bro' :rolleyes:

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I'm one of them. But sometimes am I the fastest :D

(..usually as amateur @ Raceroom Raceway)