Why all AI cars stopped on the track?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael L, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I was racing against 10 AI cars (X-17) and as soon as the race started, on turn 7 of Laguna, everybody stopped (except the 1st car that kept going and it wasn' t accident) and I was in the back and couldn't go anywhere as the AI blocked and just moved back and forth. This is repeatable. Did I do anything wrong? I changed the # of cars to 5 and it still happened at the same place. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I think it has to do with the UFO sightings. The AI must have seen it on that spot on the track and are frozen in fear and do not want to proceed the race. Perhaps the developers can help here. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i put this in the bug tracker

Andi

4. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Also, it didn't matter if I choose AAI or a fixed AI like 94, they all stopped at the same spot, except the 1st ai car that took off.

5. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, in my testing for the Hud, i've seen these AI bulks on all Tracks, all over the place.
    This mostly happens on lower AI levels, where the leading Car of a pack tends to go "very slow" into a turn.
    The next car behind him brakes then even earlier, and so on and so on until they totally piled up in the Corner.
    Every AI is trying then to get around the other, creating a back and forth like in a Ants-Hill.

Happened for me from 5 AI drivers upwards on standard AI level.
    The more AI you have, and the lower the AI level, the more often this happens

6. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3 Thank you. I appreciate your comment. I played r3e for a few months but have never seen it until now. May be I rarely played with fixed ai. Usually I played with aai. But then from the screenshot we can see that the front 4 ai cars facing the right way but they just moved back and forth.

7. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Before logging this i tested at various ai levels, s its not that , its an issue a bit deeper

But its in te bug tracker

Andi

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
  9. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just want to add that it seemed to happen only with X-17 AI cars and always on turn 7 of Laguna. Other AI cars didn't seem to have this problem.

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Yes i tested all ppen wheelers and some other classes , and didnt seem to get any duplicates

Andi

11. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    This new AI is not even close to the old one. In other words, not better yet. Before it was pretty good.