Why can't i pay by credit card?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leper Messiah, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if I'm going mad or blind....but I'm certain I paid for content by my credit card in the past, now it links direct to the steam wallet and that has a minimum spend greater than the cost of the track I want (Spa). Is this right?

2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Hey, if you go to steam store on webbrowser, not in client, you can actually change the ammount you spend ;)

First you go to the steam store on a WEBBROWSER, not client

Go to the page where you can click on the green buttons that specify the ammount, hit right click on it and go to Inspect Element

Find the java that says a number (if euro: it's in cents, not euros. 500 = 5 euro, 5000 = 50 euro. so if the track costs € 2,79, it's 279 in the java)

Hit enter, press the button you edited, and then you will buy 2,79 instead of the preset numbers. I do this all the time to get specific content ;)

Here's a little 3 step screenshot bit I made! It's super usefull. (3 images, imgur might display on one page or you have to click next!)

http://imgur.com/a/63hId

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You mean in the game's store? No, I'm pretty sure that it was never possible to pay with a credit card or really anything else than vRP in there, only a while ago it was made possible to pay using your steam wallet.

Only alternative to using your steam wallet would be buying vRP here: http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/list_page?cat=24
    Smallest amount you can buy is 500, which would still leave you with a small surplus at the current price (30 % off). Note that the more vRP you buy in one go, the less you pay per vRP, so if you might be interested in something that's known to be released in the future, like Nordschleife f.e., it might be best to get some more vRP now and save the surplus for that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    No. I remember being able to buy the exact amount of vrp with my cc in the very beginning. A long long time ago. A couple of years ago actually. But that hasn't been possible since before the end of simbin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    That can't be because I bought both ADACs and DTM 14 with the exact amount....colour me confused!!

6. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Well, you can again with the link provided in my previous post ;) (If you use steam, that is.)

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That is indeed correct, now I remember, but it feels like ages ago. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, but that's too much of a faff. I want the ability to do it as before and not using the wallet.

just looked at my steam order history and it looks like the steam wallet was used back then but the exact amount was charged, can't seem to do that now and I just can't afford to have money floating around in cyber space wallets or as vrp. In fact it was when R3E went over to exact amounts that I bought stuff, but if it's back to the "lumps" of money then I'm out.

dates were 28th Nov 2014 and 18th Dec 2014

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, the purchases in raceroom-store always went through steam wallet. If I remember right, steam always asked me, if I want to add money to my wallet with the option to pay with credit card. The amount of the added money was always as high as I had to pay in R3E-Store... I think that was the way you did before, too?!

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    As a beta tester im willing to spend a few hours checking out this if you wish ... just send me by Pm your credit card details and ill get back to you from my new laptop while sat on the beach

;)

Andi

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Back in the days you were purchasing vrp with steam.
    You had to purchase a fixed amount of vrp in advance, then with these vrp you could bought game content.

Now the game make you buy the exact amount of vrp needed for the precise content you're purchasing in the game store.
    The main difference is that here you pay the exact price for the content you want, not a fixed amount of vrp
    .. But you pay the 30% steam fee.

If you buy vrp on the raceroom website, it cost you less because there's no steam fee ^_^

But it was never possible to buy directly with your CB in the game store, not using steam wallet / payment. And that's for on simple reason : it's forbidden by steam policy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Look I can post a piccie showing that I paid the EXACT amounts via steam this time last year and now I cannot!! Is this a feck up between Sector 3 and steam or has steam changed something? If so it's bunk.

I'm thinking it's the Steam Wallet no longer letting me put in the exact amount, which unless Sector 3 asks Steam to not link to the steam wallet and just let me use the other steam options (CCard or Paypal) I am back to square one of not getting anymore R3E content. :(

Please understand I'm on UK disability benefits so can NOT afford to have money floating in cyber space not doing anything, I need to spend the EXACT amount or not spend it.

13. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    As I said before.. http://imgur.com/a/63hId you can pay exactly what you want.

14. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I realise that, thanks honestly....but I don't want to have to faff around like that for a basic ability to just pay what I want to pay without some sort of workaround. Also for some reason my steam password is failing in my browser and I really do not want to lock out my steam account as my games are pretty much the only things keeping me sane in a very difficult time.