Why so few multiplayer FR X-17 lobbies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gazza, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    As the title, it seems that the FR X-17 is unpopular online, infact very few open wheel lobbies have players in them, I thought such a great car would have many fans, its great at the new Imola track..

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, it is great. But just like all the other open wheelers people don't seem to be overly eager to race them in mp, which is a pity.
    Guess they're just too fast for our aging target audience. ^^

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Agree, an extreme car to drive fast cause skills, race craft and setup needed (aero dependent). A solution would be to fix setup to limit the gap between drivers. But I fear this will not be enough to create entertainment for everyone. Not the easiest car to drive in pack requiring focusing a lot. Right now, a car unfairly and much dedicated in hotlapping.

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The plus side to this is, the few servers that do host the FR-X17 seem to attract a higher standard of driver, the few I've joined have been exceptional with very few incidents.
    The car is very tough though, the extreme speeds demand a lot from the driver so it's not for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I joined 3 times FRX17 servers. The drivers and duels were nice, but races ended for me prematurely: 1st I had to pit for tires in a 40 min race and I forgot to assign a confirm button; 2nd time I had to serve a drive through, but in my mind it was a stop and go so the next lap after stopping I got disqualified; 3rd time at Monza when I had to change tires I speeded in the pitlane and got disqualified.

6. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Join Rennsimulanten.de and I'll put up a server for you (and join occaisionally)
    Language is German, but who doesn't speak at least some English.
    We have an R3E event every friday at 20:00pm cet, but their ain't no 'must'.
    No league or any other obligations.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    All welcome. :)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Fixed ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Yes, most top level open wheelers are to fast for me! Doesn't mean I won't drive it, although I will spend a great deal of time in the gravel trap. F4 is more my speed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, for me with a gamepad they are also very challenging. Keeping the FRX on track for a whole hour during the stream was seriously straining.

So I'm totally with you, Tatuus and FR3 are my cup of tea. Had amazing races in those.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  11. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I think its fun they are difficult, you can use traction control which makes it easier, i struggle but as long as I dont ruin somebody elses fun i enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Why ? Give drunkyards, potheads and other addicts a chance...Golden Turkey Fun Trophy or sth. :)

Edit: X-17 really kicked me - you can literally feel being pressed into your seat when accelerating, but unfortunately they don't seem to be well accepted (too fast, too "unrealistic",too..whatever ).
    A whole season is too much for me though....

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017