Will all older content eventualy be upgraded to current physics/ffb standart?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ouvert, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    So with ongoing sales there are few cars I`d like to buy but all of them are on old physics/ffb model and I know I`m not gona use them till they get updated .. so if they won`t get updated there is no reason for me to buy them :) ... do we have any intel about how Sector3 is planning to handle this issue with diversed content ?
    Thanx ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey Dude

I would still get them since the new patch is coming out u can tweak individual FFB for the Cars. You can still tweak them to your liking. I personally cant wait for the patch so i can play the Classic Cars tweak the FFB n Race!

3. ДДºMortICi

ДДºMortICi Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Just get em, especially since the discount is active. They will be updated one way or another so you won't lose out :)

Some of them are still fun even with the old physics/tires, a different level of finesse, not my preference for sure, but manageable.

4. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    well unless they got FFB like new content no per car tweaking of their current FFB will really help :) .. perhaps they introduce new FFB settings that will fix that ... that is what I wanna know

I guess ... I can drive DTM92 witch damping FFB a lot but still it is not enjoyable as it should ... some cars are just undrivable for me ... I rather wont drive at all than use some workarounds that makes it almost drivable .. :)

well I`m gonna test them tomorrow how bad they are and I`ll see ...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  5. ДДºMortICi

ДДºMortICi Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Test drive the cars. Sucks that the pack isn't for sale, but then again you can just pick up the car(s) and livery you wish at a good discount.

BTW: What are you using for your wheel, the G25 feels good in the DTM 2014/1992 cars for me (I just have the canned effects turned off) the DTM 2013 feel floaty/twitchy but I know those aren't updated...

6. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we are updating older content whenever there is time for that.
    In fact the Group 5 class is being worked on, as i write this.

• Like Like x 18
    • Love it! Love it! x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  7. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Judging by what has happened previously I would say it's likely at SOME point in the future (who knows when) most cars will receive physics and/or FFB changes. However, as people online tend to take things very seriously in terms of time frames, it will be hard to tell when any of those changes will occur until it is very close to patch/release time for that content. For example: the Aquila and Silhouette series both got updates not too long ago that nearly no one knew about until the patch was being discussed. So it's likely that older cars will eventually get updates/changes, but it's hard to know when. If all you want is to drive the 'fresh' cars, in terms of physics and FFB, you're likely much better off buying them when they change instead of trying to guess which ones will get updates next :D

8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @Georg Ortner, so please don't stop writing.:)

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    great , all I needed to know ... thank you ..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Georg, That is Great News! I love Group 5 can't wait..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Wow that's great news!
    Not only that I love (and own :) ) Group5, but that shows me how S3S makes efforts to take care of their costumers. I am really impressed... this game is really worth the money I spent:sunglasses:
    This product seems to last for a while on my HD :hearteyes:

Kudos to you guys!

12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ayyyy...! Scratch one off my list, DTM92 and touring classics being the other two I am waiting for!
    :) Fine news!

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if I ask this and it had already been answered but from the last stream JF said that GT3 physics were (are) being reworked. I recall there was a big update about the new phys for that class when Ford and Nissan were released (I finally could drive the mp4!). Is this a newly-new update thing or I just misunderstood and the physics for the GT3 class was never really updated? Thx!

14. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    The GT3 already got a major update, but sometimes good isn't perfect enough.

upload_2016-3-26_21-39-52.png
    Actual suspension data from the KW 7-post rig helped us finetuning the road properties as well as upgrading some of our cars (but more on that later).

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info Peter!

16. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    My initial impression (haven't played the game too much so far) is that it's car dependent instead of the date when they were released. Some cars feel planted and have a predictable turn in, whilst others turn in uber light and feel floaty, like the tires lose contact with the road at those moments.

There's tons of FFB parameters so maybe i have something set wrong there, but for example if you try the gr.5 Fabcar Porsche, on turn in it will 'float' inwards too much into the apex and as such doesn't feel planted during those moments. If you then try the gr.5 Silvia it feels way more planted and it doesn't do that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    both these cars are on the same tire model and came out at the same time. one is rear engine the other is front engine that should be the only differnce

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    There's still that feeling that the front floats into the corner like the wheels don't have contact with the road surface. I haven't driven a Porsche IRL but i doubt it would feel that way. I see a lot of people complaining about earlier cars and 'floaty physics' so maybe that's the cause of the issue? I'll drive some more during the week and see which other cars suffer from it.

19. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Setting some Damping on the wheel and reducing steering lock in car setup helped me to reduce the "floaty" feel a bit. But yea, I know what you mean, I experience this to a degree on both WTCC 2014 and DTM 2014. DTM 2015 cars feel better, so I hope next update of either physics or FFB will solve this, because now some cars are very hard to keep at straight line and getting out of tight corners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1