Question Will GTR - FIA GT Racing Game be compatible with Win 10?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by frodesa, Jul 28, 2016.

1. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I upgraded to windows 10 and discovered that GTR - FIA GT Racing Game is not compatible with windows 10. GT Legends and GTR 2 both work fine in compatibility mode, but GTR doesnt work. Will it be made compatible with windows 10 so that we can still play it?

2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I assume it's the infamous Starforce copy protection of GTR that keeps it from working. Is this correct?

But since GTR2 contains everything from GTR already - plus more content and functionality - I also don't see the point in wasting a single minute to try and make GTR work as long as GTR2 still works. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I dont know what Starforce is but the error message one is getting when trying to launch GTR using windows 10 is: Insufficiente video memory detected. A minimum of 32 MB of free memory required. I guess I dont like having a game that I cant use if I want to.

4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Go to steam support. For some reason the config.ini for video is missing. just do a search for GTR and it will come up.
    There are a couple of con fig files posted there and instruction about what to change.
    Good luck
    I had it working once before win 10 but gave trying after.