Will R3E update the GT3 models?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JorritVD, May 2, 2018.

1. JorritVD

JorritVD Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

Actually this is more a question towards the developers of R3E, Sector3, if some of the 3D models will get the different specs they had during the years.

For example, some cars now have white lights, or yellow lights or extra endurance lights. So different versions are already possible. But for 2018 the Porsche 991 GT3 R got an aerodynamic update with winglets added to the front bumper and new air outlets on the front bonnet. Will this be created and added to the game? And can the same happen for example for the R8 LMS ultra and the Nissan GT-R?

For me it is sometimes strange to race with a 2012 Nissan against a 2017 Porsche, and knowing Nissan/Nismo I think they really would like to see their GT-R 2013-2014 / 2015-2017 car accurate in a game.

Though maybe it has something to do with licensing which limits this, but we pay quite a lot for the game, so i think the players deserve the have accurate models. And I am not again paying a little extra for an extra version of the car. For example if the 2018 Porsche 991 GT3R would be added next to the 2017 version, I am more than happy to pay about half of the price compared to a full new car.

Cheers, Jorrit

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    'paying quite a lot' depends on the way you buy the content, you can get all content for 65€, which is very reasonable for what you get imo.

cosmetic updates for newer versions of the existing GT3s in-game would be nice to have if there are no licensing problems, but actually implementing the performance differences would just throw off the (very good) current BOP. And I think there are a lot of different things that dev time would be better spent on :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Continuously adding new content to the existing package instead of creating packages for different seasons is the actual impudence regarding GT3!

4. JorritVD

JorritVD Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    @Rafael Jiménez, why the dislike?

@Thomas Jansen, yes the game offers a lot of content, but they also ask 4 euro if you buy a car seperate. I recently bought the premium pack for 100 euro, buying all content which was at that point in the game. A few weeks later Zhuhai comes, but I need to but I not have it, while the premium pack stays the same price. That gave me a little WTF moment. I just bought the full game, at least give the content that comes within the half year for free.

About the performance differences is one weak argument. They now balance a 2012 Nissan GT-R against 2017 Porsche, how realistic is that? For me the 2017 and 2018 Porsche could have the same physics. About the developers time, in this case it would only ment 2D and 3D car artists mostly need to do some work. It is not that they need to start from scratch. A good team can do the Porsche aero 3D update easily in a day. The same for the R8 LMS ultra. The Nissan would need some more time probably. Also this not should be seen as major project, but more as small side projects, when teams have some time left.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    @JorritVD
    Sorry, I do not agree with the development time is destined to certain modifications.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The crucial quote.

I think this doesn't really happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Nah, you got the game for free!
    You just bought all the current available tracks, cars and liveries in one big DLC.
    Did you say to Kunos the same when another Porsche pack arrived? "Hello Kunos, I bought the first Porsche pack, please give the other one for free".

And you knew what you got for your money, every car and track is listed in the shop. Just sayin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JorritVD

JorritVD Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I can understand you guys point, but coming from a background with the modding possibilities in GTR2, rFactor and Autmobilista, i know a lot of people who like the different 3D details. With adding that I think more people would join R3E who now stay at those games. I have put a long time R3E to the side, because it was a to basic game. Now I earn more than enough money so it is no problem anymore for me.

@sbtm you are completly correct with that, it is mentioned with that. Just the point you bought the premium pack, after that you just get kinda f**ked, because if you want the next added track, you need to pay the full price for it. Just I am wondering why R3E just not offers a kind of season pass of about 30 euro to get all DLC for the coming year.

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yeah sth like an annual or monthly fee (not a subscription) in season pass style was thought about by some people already. I see one problem with it. Sector 3 would need sth like a public roadmap and has to stick to it, otherwise the next angry customers knock at the door. if Sector 3 only pushes 2 tracks and 4 cars out and the next subscription period 5 tracks and 6 cars people will get mad too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The simple fact is that most of the RRE regular drivers are happy with the GT3 class because of the physics and tire models. The quality of racing at race pace is how most of us compare sims. If the color of a headlight or a winglet being 2 years old bothers you, then you might want to try something like Gran Turismo Sport. They have hundreds of variations of the same car to let your OCD run wild.
    Recent polls on this forum seem to show with limited staff available, most of us would want Sector3 to focus on new tracks and having the physics models updated on some of the older car classes.

11. JorritVD

JorritVD Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    @Eddie Ellis But R3E already have the regular drivers. To attract an extra group of drivers the developers maybe need to add some extra things, while it is just a small development. Instead of Gran Turismo Sport, i rather prefer an AMS EEC GT3 mod, which has most of the GT3 cars with most of the different specs it had.

But yeah, maybe i rather stop replying here, because I talk against "regular" drivers, while the drivers I am talking about are not here. Just I wanted to show a possible quick gain to attract drivers and satisfy manufacterers more.

12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree with this.

And i'm also very happy with the new announced content like the WTCR and the older DTM Mercedes cars.