Problem Windows 10 Window Focus Problem

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by alblua, Jul 15, 2016.

1. alblua

alblua New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Once RaceRoom has started, there are issues with the focus with windows on Windows 10.

This issue is extremely awful with Chrome.

The problem is this: RaceRoom probably demands to be the only window to be focused (in windowed mode), making switching to other windows very difficult. Sometimes the other windows will be active and focused, but not necessarily on top. It takes a few tries of Alt+Tab or Windows+D before the window will come to focus.

After a system restart, the issue is gone until RaceRoom is started again.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Acknowledged, alt-tabbing under Win10 is a nightmare and we've brought it to the devs' attention. Not sure if there's sth they can do to improve this behaviour, but they are aware of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. alblua

alblua New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, great to know!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Researching whether to get my "free pain in the *** upgrade", this is an issue with several other programs that was designed before 10 as well.
    just fyi.

5. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    i upgrade to windows 10, in less than 10 minutes back to windows 8.1

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. alblua

alblua New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    While I realize some people will find anything to pick about Windows 10 so they have something to complain about, I have enjoyed it and did not intend this thread to become a Windows 10 hate thread. Sounds good?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    no

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. alblua

alblua New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Please become more mature and not tag onto my post about something completely off subject over the original issue being discussed, which of course has been acknowledged and my current workaround is simply to restart after each usage of the simulator, which I am fine with.

9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Win 8 was like Vista, should never have been released, Xp to Win7 to Win10, this time i think the latest is the best, reliability, performance, stability. It just works, for me anyway.
    Sorry bud cant help with your original problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. alblua

alblua New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's probably another one of those little bugs that are present in every single operating system. This is really the only issue I've had, all my other simulators received noticeable FPS improvement from Windows 8.1.

11. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, wasn't meant to be a win10 bashing reply.

I was only trying to relay that, while researching the upgrade (win10 does look nice and has some great features), many people had issues with the win10 window focus of the top window a) when multiple windows were open, b) certain programs originally designed for win7.

My current issue with win10 is the upgrade process. I can't seem to update my fresh install of win7....so I can upgrade to 10.
    Also, I found out that a couple of programs, I use, has the "window focus" issue in win10.

just teething problems for a new OS and compatibility of programs originally designed for another OS.... just like all the other operating systems had, in the past. Eventually, I will make the switch too.

12. alblua

alblua New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I know sometimes other programs or files in the wrong places will prevent an upgrade; in my case, I had struggles upgrading until I discovered that there was a file in the start menu folder from my flight simulator Windows 10 didn't like at all!

I understand that a new operating system presents many new problems, it has been better over the years in terms of software compatibility, so things are getting somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1